In need of mod that changes the color of acquired technologies in tree!

matt94

Warlord
I don't know if it is because I am color blind, but I can not tell the difference between learned and unlearned technologies! Could someone make a quick mod changing the color of learned technologies to something more obvious like white? it doesn't need to be pretty at all, just different. This seems simple enough but i have never moded so let me know if this is more involved then I think!

I have had a quick go was hoping it would be a case of just switching a jpg or something like that but if it is I can find it

I’m having a look in the tech tree lua but I have little modding skills at best so I am a bit lost :(

I will keep having a play see if I can find it but in the mean time I hope someone who know what they’re doing swoops in to help you out :)

:)Awesome thanks! A simple white for learned technologies would be great, so maybe try all 0s or all 255s?

I could not get white it just seems to stay gold on what I think should be white but try the attached file

It need to go in the

Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\UI\InGame\TechTree

folder.
It’s not white but hopefully it will help give it a try (back up the old one) if it does not work post back hear and I will have a 2nd go at it

Attachments

• TechTree.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 45
It worked perfectly... But could you make them more different in color? Sorry I'm really color blind

No but certain colors look very similar to me. I would be more exact but I'm honestly still trying to find out myself which colors I have trouble with. If you can't do white try blue or red, make the color as defined as possible. Also if this is taking to much time for you, you could show me how to do it

First off I am sorry to necro this thread. It's so old by now!
I'm a literal civ newb. Not just civ5 noob, FULL CIVILIZATION NOOB, still trying to not build military forces and kill everything in site first chance I get.

I was so happy when google brought me here to this thread, but alas, this mod is not working any more. I have the complete edition of civ 5 and I did the file exchange but I see no difference at all on the ingame tech tree.

Can someone help me with this. I would be very happy.

Moderator Action: Moved to Creation & Customization

Hey its me a few years later... and yeah as Animismus said this is no longer working. I'm still unable to distinguish already researched vs available to research techs, and I've messed around with the XML file and nothing seems to be working.

Hey its me a few years later... and yeah as Animismus said this is no longer working. I'm still unable to distinguish already researched vs available to research techs, and I've messed around with the XML file and nothing seems to be working.
You've been editing the file for vanilla (with no expansions). If you have Brave New World, you need to edit the file instead in Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\TechTree

There will be changes, so don't just copy over the edited vanilla one from this thread. Just search for "already researched" and change the color values.

You've been editing the file for vanilla (with no expansions). If you have Brave New World, you need to edit the file instead in Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\TechTree

There will be changes, so don't just copy over the edited vanilla one from this thread. Just search for "already researched" and change the color values.

Ah ok, thanks!

Top Bottom