How does CivRev look on SD Tv?

Politico34

Chieftain
For those of you have gotten the game so far...I was wondering if anyone is playing it an SD tv? You know how it is hard to read some xbox 360 games on an sd tv, I was wondering if CivRev was decipherable for those of us who have not yet upgraded to the next-gen of television.

btw- first day on the forum and website- this is a wonderful site!

Depends on how big your SD TV, but I'm betting it'll look good, and the exact same if you played the demo, so download that and use it as a basis for comparison.

I am using a regular tv, and the writing ain't a problem at all for me. Its a widescreen 28" tv, so not all that big.

It looks fine. I have a HDTV in the living room, but a SDTV in the kids' room. It looks fine on the SD resolution. The text is big enough to read.

I have a 46 inch HD, high-end. I can't believe how bad the graphics in Rev (xbox 360) are for a new game. Washed out and runny looking. Very disappointing visually

I have a 46 inch HD, high-end. I can't believe how bad the graphics in Rev (xbox 360) are for a new game. Washed out and runny looking. Very disappointing visually

Washed out and runny?

If anything they are a bit too crisp and exaggerated compared to the PC games. "Cartoony" would be the generalization I've seen the most.

Are your settings correct for your TV?

Correct settings, yes. I've had the 360 and HD for a while, I know how to use it.

I certainly don't see this crispness others speak of. I find a lot of the colours, especially on the map, look almost faded and weak. Like they were printed on a shirt and ran through the wash too many times, or something.

Correct settings, yes. I've had the 360 and HD for a while, I know how to use it.

I certainly don't see this crispness others speak of. I find a lot of the colours, especially on the map, look almost faded and weak. Like they were printed on a shirt and ran through the wash too many times, or something.

Ah, so your complaint is with the actual texture resolution? Fair enough.

Have you played Civ 4 on the PC? The textures are pretty much the same.

I still play CivIV pretty religiously, my PC is hooked up to the HDTV. Now ~that~ looks really crisp compared to Xbox 360 Civ Rev.

I was hoping the graphics in this game were going to be a step forward from Civ4. Alas, we seem to have the opposite.

I still play CivIV pretty religiously, my PC is hooked up to the HDTV. Now ~that~ looks really crisp compared to Xbox 360 Civ Rev.

I was hoping the graphics in this game were going to be a step forward from Civ4. Alas, we seem to have the opposite.

Mine looks outstanding on a Samsung DLP HDTV (50").

Top Bottom