Just having the cash when all techs are discovered...

bodnotbod

Chieftain
In my last game I got up to about Future Tech 3. I then thought "hang on, why don't I push the research slider down to zero?"

I ended up with a fortune in gold.

But was that a bad move?

If I recall correctly the future techs were going to increase happiness and health. Since I was playing on one of the lowest three skill levels that wasn't a problem in my cities. So did I behave rationally or should I have kept researching Future Tech?

You really are asking the wrong question here.. If you are researching future tech 3 you are doing something wrong in the first place(you should have won already!), but yes cash is better than more happiness and health that you don't need obviously.

Yes, I think you're right. I should have won. In that game I missed out on winning the space race, narrowly beaten by the AI.

If you wanted to get real complicated you could have upped the Espionage slider and focused it on your biggest competition among the AI's... Then sabotaged their production of Space Ship parts... But even I'm too lazy to do that.

In my last game I got up to about Future Tech 3. I then thought "hang on, why don't I push the research slider down to zero?"

I ended up with a fortune in gold.

But was that a bad move?

If I recall correctly the future techs were going to increase happiness and health. Since I was playing on one of the lowest three skill levels that wasn't a problem in my cities. So did I behave rationally or should I have kept researching Future Tech?

Of course you have to find some use to the gold. You can switch to Universal suffrage and rushbuy nukes.

Yeah, I wish I'd nuked Ghandi now. But my very first UN decision was to ban nuclear weapons.

Top Bottom