Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't tried with all mods, so sorry if there are some bugs! Please post you database.log and lua.log file so that I can take a look. There may be a slight discrepeceny between the CPP and the CBP. Are you using the CBP? There is a setting you need to enable first in the UserSettings file if so. Otherwise, please post your Database.log and Lua.log file if you can. These help me most in diagnosing conflicts.

The ExCE changes to the Exploration Tree will be moved over to this pack, right?

I'll have the log shortly. Hopefully.

I like fixed distance from Capital. Eat me. :p

At least there is a clear line when the city becomes a colony and when it doesn't. Then you can catch up with cities settled / captured closer to your capital, annex the colonies with the Great Magistrate (which can be generated in quite big numbers all things considered) and be all good.

Siberia argument is misplaced - most of modern Russian-Siberian cities started as forts, trapping villages and small outposts, ergo: in-game Colonies. With each City generating a "no-colony zone", you could end up with no colonies in a game, defeating the purpose of the mod.

Siberia argument is misplaced - most of modern Russian-Siberian cities started as forts, trapping villages and small outposts, ergo: in-game Colonies. With each City generating a "no-colony zone", you could end up with no colonies in a game, defeating the purpose of the mod.

Well Russia had a lot of diginitaries and magistrates then.

Might as well scrap the Colony part of CCC altogether if you are going to argue about special game mechanics allowing you to make Colonies into normal cities at all. :p You could call "expending a Great Magistrate" like "appointing a governor" and you have the same result. United States did just that when creating new states out of colonies and territories.

JUst wanted to report that I was using piety when I experience the glitches (No EUI tgough.) It never crossed my mind it could be Piety. It seemed to work with all my other mods. I'll try booting it up without it and see if the same thing happens.

I've played through half a game with Victoria featuring this mod and it is certainly a welcome addition to the game. Messing around with colonies and such was pretty fun, though I did notice a couple of things.

I was getting the same issue that a previous user on here mentioned, about the tag Crime: 60 gold being stuck on every page of the Civilopedia. I hadn't fiddled around in the files, so I'm a little lost as to how it happened.

Victoria also didn't seem to be getting her unique colony list - I settled New London as my first excursion overseas.

The Exploration tree benefits for Colonies (extra happiness, free harbours etc.) weren't appearing - though this could equally be a problem with ExCE. If you need any logs to help with this, let me know and I'd be happy to provide.

I was also a tad confused at the price of the Colonist - it seems a tad steep - is there any chance of a slight reduction, as they are taking longer than some wonders to construct when first unlocked. That said, if this is a conscious design choice then I can just make do - they seemed far too costly is all (especially when one can buy Great Scout/Adventurers etc, and avoid the lack of growth)

At least there is a clear line when the city becomes a colony and when it doesn't. Then you can catch up with cities settled / captured closer to your capital, annex the colonies with the Great Magistrate (which can be generated in quite big numbers all things considered) and be all good.

I believe the term is "Bite me" Jan ;)

I mean, right now I don't actually know how many tiles away you have to be before it becomes a colony. It would be useful to establish that knowledge, even if a settlers "Create City" button turned into a "Create Colony" button.

There should be two different options(Static and Dynamic), allowing the player to switch between the two via TXT. The advantage of Static is that you know where your Empires limits are. But to some, that can be a downside to the mod. What if you want to establish a country along the coast of a continent? Instead of making a circular empire, you make a Chile like one. The disadvantage with Static in this case is that if you stretch outside of that initial circle zone, you may found colonies when you don't want to.

Dynamic works as the picture describes: Your first city has a zone to build within. If you build a city within there, this new city(and ones after) emits a smaller zone. If you build out of a zone (in territory you want to get a foot in before someone else) you will establish a colony. But if you chain your cities, they can naturally expand to that point. In addition, only your zones matter; other civ city zones do not factor into you creating a colony or not.

Dynamic allows it so that you can slowly expand your empire naturally, without requiring magistrates outside of a certain zone. In this instance, actually far out cities from any of your other cities are Colonies, or placed on another continent. The downside to Dynamic is, depending on the game, you may never place colonies, unless you use the new Colonizer unit.

Both Static and Dynamic have their uses. Static is better for your usual game of Civilization, where you're going to have a core empire fighting for land from nearby civs. But in specialized instances, Dynamic is better, if say you play a game with less Civilizations, or you play on a geographical map.

In the end, it comes down to preference and taste. I say make both, let the players know there are two options (Leave static enabled by default), and let the players discover which way they prefer more, or at least leave extra gameplay options.

(I say all of this with the greatest respect for JFD's weekly schedule, and how little free time exists :p)

i'm using the Community patch(non-EUI) that was released yesterday, and when i play i enable every mod that comes with CP (CSD, CIVDF.....). And where i can find this UserSeting file you talked about? And here are the database and lua logs

Attachments

• Database.rar
    540 bytes · Views: 105
  • Lua.rar
    106 bytes · Views: 109
i'm using the Community patch(non-EUI) that was released yesterday, and when i play i enable every mod that comes with CP (CSD, CIVDF.....). And where i can find this UserSeting file you talked about? And here are the database and lua logs

Are you using the Community *Balance* Patch, or simply the Community Patch? The latter is a fix to the main game without adding new features or messing with Firaxis balance. The Community *Balance* Patch adds in new units and features.

Okay, I established a city 18\ 19 tiles from my capital(I counted) and it didn't start as a colony. On other stuff, disabling nobility makes units replacing landsknecht unbuildable. Or is that Mercs.?
I was unable to enact the request the services of a great person decision. And I was able to enact the 2 decisions requiring chivalry before researching it.

(There's a zero instead of the great magistrates name in the GP generation thingy, as well as in the city screen)

Also I think the mod turns Piety off? Not the mod just the Piety bit.

Magistrates are also called 0 in the great person generation.

Are you using the Community *Balance* Patch, or simply the Community Patch? The latter is a fix to the main game without adding new features or messing with Firaxis balance. The Community *Balance* Patch adds in new units and features.

Yes i am using CBP.

The ExCE changes to the Exploration Tree will be moved over to this pack, right?

I'll have the log shortly. Hopefully.

ExCE needs updating. Badly.

Finally.

I've played through half a game with Victoria featuring this mod and it is certainly a welcome addition to the game. Messing around with colonies and such was pretty fun, though I did notice a couple of things.

I was getting the same issue that a previous user on here mentioned, about the tag Crime: 60 gold being stuck on every page of the Civilopedia. I hadn't fiddled around in the files, so I'm a little lost as to how it happened.

Victoria also didn't seem to be getting her unique colony list - I settled New London as my first excursion overseas.

The Exploration tree benefits for Colonies (extra happiness, free harbours etc.) weren't appearing - though this could equally be a problem with ExCE. If you need any logs to help with this, let me know and I'd be happy to provide.

I was also a tad confused at the price of the Colonist - it seems a tad steep - is there any chance of a slight reduction, as they are taking longer than some wonders to construct when first unlocked. That said, if this is a conscious design choice then I can just make do - they seemed far too costly is all (especially when one can buy Great Scout/Adventurers etc, and avoid the lack of growth)

An accidental leftover. Won't affect gameplay, but I'll fix it in the next update.

All colonies start out as "New X" - did you try a second colony? The unique lists should work.

Yeah, the Colonist price will be reduced in the next version.

I believe the term is "Bite me" Jan ;)

I mean, right now I don't actually know how many tiles away you have to be before it becomes a colony. It would be useful to establish that knowledge, even if a settlers "Create City" button turned into a "Create Colony" button.

There should be two different options(Static and Dynamic), allowing the player to switch between the two via TXT. The advantage of Static is that you know where your Empires limits are. But to some, that can be a downside to the mod. What if you want to establish a country along the coast of a continent? Instead of making a circular empire, you make a Chile like one. The disadvantage with Static in this case is that if you stretch outside of that initial circle zone, you may found colonies when you don't want to.

Dynamic works as the picture describes: Your first city has a zone to build within. If you build a city within there, this new city(and ones after) emits a smaller zone. If you build out of a zone (in territory you want to get a foot in before someone else) you will establish a colony. But if you chain your cities, they can naturally expand to that point. In addition, only your zones matter; other civ city zones do not factor into you creating a colony or not.

Dynamic allows it so that you can slowly expand your empire naturally, without requiring magistrates outside of a certain zone. In this instance, actually far out cities from any of your other cities are Colonies, or placed on another continent. The downside to Dynamic is, depending on the game, you may never place colonies, unless you use the new Colonizer unit.

Both Static and Dynamic have their uses. Static is better for your usual game of Civilization, where you're going to have a core empire fighting for land from nearby civs. But in specialized instances, Dynamic is better, if say you play a game with less Civilizations, or you play on a geographical map.

In the end, it comes down to preference and taste. I say make both, let the players know there are two options (Leave static enabled by default), and let the players discover which way they prefer more, or at least leave extra gameplay options.

(I say all of this with the greatest respect for JFD's weekly schedule, and how little free time exists :p)

A promotion should pop up on the unit when it is far enough to found a colony instead.

I was hoping that the Colonist would prevent the issue of 'what if I want a city?'. You can disable the Settler obsoleting. But I'll work on adding that extra dynamic option.

Okay, I established a city 18\ 19 tiles from my capital(I counted) and it didn't start as a colony. On other stuff, disabling nobility makes units replacing landsknecht unbuildable. Or is that Mercs.?
I was unable to enact the request the services of a great person decision. And I was able to enact the 2 decisions requiring chivalry before researching it.

(There's a zero instead of the great magistrates name in the GP generation thingy, as well as in the city screen)

I'll check these out.

Also I think the mod turns Piety off? Not the mod just the Piety bit.

Magistrates are also called 0 in the great person generation.

I can't support any bugs with Piety atm, as I've rebuilt it from the ground up and wouldn't know where to begin with bugfixing. Hopefully the update will be soon.

Yup, Jan pointed that out and it'll be fixed in the next update.

General PSA (should probably post in relevant threads) - using ExCE and Piety atm is not recommended or supported. I'm working on the two updates before other mods, so hopefully they'll be out soon.

TY. Also, have you thought about moving some of the exploration features(recon units, Exploration changes) to here?

I should notice what other people write more....

Am I one who don't get great magistrate when Appoint Cheif Magistrate decision enacted? Same with diginitary decision.

Code:
('JFD_CCC_COLONIES_PORTUGAL_CHANG ES',				1), -- Portugal may integrate colonies as cities and may re-locate her Capital.

Typo which stops Portugal's UA from being changed.

CCC update:

• Fixed an issue wherein the High Court and Magistrate's Court icons were swapped.
  • Lowered the Production cost of Westminster Palace.
  • Increased the Production cost of Pena National Palace.
  • Added missing CBP support for the CityView.
  • Great Dignitaries/Magistrates/Merchants/Scientists/Engineers should no longer increase each others counters when spawend. See User Settings to disable.
  • Fixed an issue wherein the Great Magistrate was showing as 0 in the City View progress meter.
  • Made Cause for 'same culture type' optional (off by default).
  • Fixed conflict with ExCE causing Liberalism's text to fail.
  • Fixed an issue wherein the High Court and Supreme Court where not moving to Sovereignty and Liberalism, respectively, with EE enabled and E&D disabled.
  • Updated Siam 'Embassies' decision to Sukritact's latest version and removed modified Germany (as the original no longer costs Magistrates, plus I have to change it in Sov. anyway).
  • Venice's 'St Mark' decision now costs Dignitaries.
  • Fixed an issue wherein the 'Host Political Forum' decision could not be properly enacted.
  • Fixed an issue wherein the 'Appoint Great X' decisions weren't yielding their Great People when enacted.
  • Added an indicator to the Loyalty breakdown that a city begins at 100% loyalty, and that everything else is calculated off that.
  • Pushed out some of the Loyalty modifiers to display even when that value is 0% (namely, the garrison and connection bonuses), so that you can see what can be done about Loyalty.
  • Loyalty for conquered cities is now on by default.
  • Significantly lowered the cost of the Colonist unit.
  • Fixed an oversight wherein Venice could train the Colonist unit.
  • Increased the Gold cost of pushing a Medium Claim (was unintentionally too cheap).
  • Re-added Summer Palace with EE. It may be used to re-located your Capital once (let me know if this causes issues).
  • Fixed an issue with the 'Request GP' decision no working.
  • Added EUI TT support.
  • Fixed an issue wherein Rome's new UA would not disable if E&D were inactive.
  • Fixed Forge help text to display its changes properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom