Favourite Policy?

• Freedom - Culture

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • Order - Production

Votes: 40 51.9%
  • Autocracy - War

Votes: 12 15.6%

• Total voters
Lets say you have 4 Uranium, that's 2 missiles or 4 bombs, with Fascism it is 4 missiles or 8 bombs. Also, if you had 7 uranium, you can build 7 modern armours or with Fascism, 14 modern armours!
Big difference, especially in multiplayer!
Apart from the fact that I asume you mean Aluminum with regard to Modern Armors, I think the point he wanted to make is that when you have a wide empire, you normally will not have only 7 Aluminum or 4 Uranium, but rather something like 30 Aluminum and 16 Uranium, and while it is arguably true that you can't get too much Aluminum, I generally don't find it an issue when I play wide.

Apart from the fact that I asume you mean Aluminum with regard to Modern Armors, I think the point he wanted to make is that when you have a wide empire, you normally will not have only 7 Aluminum or 4 Uranium, but rather something like 30 Aluminum and 16 Uranium, and while it is arguably true that you can't get too much Aluminum, I generally don't find it an issue when I play wide.

16 uranium without Autocracy? Extremely rare.

The 20% attack bonus finisher for Autocracy is great stuff, btw - like, despite being non-promoted, my submarines can take out every other kind of modern warships the runaway Mongols were fielding. Sure it only lasts 30 turns, but there's a lot one can do in that amount of time.

Whatever, the numbers weren't exactly supposed to be taken that literally, point was that when you are playing Warmonger you'll generally also have a wide empire and therefore many resources.

In competitive MP I tend to go autocracy. Good both for having a small effective elite force and for maintaining total war.

Sure the economical boosts of order is nice, but cap a city or two and you are there.

Whatever, the numbers weren't exactly supposed to be taken that literally, point was that when you are playing Warmonger you'll generally also have a wide empire and therefore many resources.

Like having a wide continent of... 3 iron. Or 12 oil and 10 aluminum, no uranium...

Not going to do a lot against runaway Mongols like in this current game of mine :lol:

I chose freedom. In fact, I only ever once picked Autocracy in a game, and that was just to get the achievemnent for unlocking all social policies. And that was a loooooongtime ago. Late game warfare is just so tedious for me. I probably pick Freedom 3 to 1 over Order, regardless of what other civs pick as their late game policies.

Wow, I'm a little surprised to see so many people chose Order (as did I). The SP certainly has improved post-G&K.

I often play as Japan, usually going for a domination victory, and since some Autocracy policies don't stack with Bushido, I've never seen a good reason to waste my SPs on it.

I generally play wide and a lot of times I stop conquest late game so order becomes more useful. I also go for a science victory a lot and the bonus science from factories is awesome

Top Bottom