Current Status + Future Updates

It looks like it would be better to start making a 2010 mod and trying to finish it on time...

Agreed

we need more people who can actually build this thing though...

If this project is renamed to World 2010 it would be possible to deviate slightly from the real world, make some nations failed (cut down on civs), change leaders (easier to find good quality LH's), and such.

Who supports?

well 2008 is nearly over now so I see no problems with 2010 as the date...

If this project is renamed to World 2010 it would be possible to deviate slightly from the real world, make some nations failed (cut down on civs), change leaders (easier to find good quality LH's), and such.

Who supports?

Agree that we have to change it from 2008. "The World 2008" is a great name, but we have to change it to "The World 2009", "The World", "Present Day Earth, "Today", or something like that. We can vote on it, unless NikNaks has something in mind already.

I think we shouldn't date it, the idea here is to represent the present day world right? So let's just call it a present day mod and update it as global events change!

deviate slightly from the real world

I must say that I disagree with this. My two cents is that this mod should try to represent reality as much as possible.

Anyway I'm glad to see so many people who want this mod to get made, and are willing to work on it. Let's get organized and get this bad boy completed!

well 2008 is nearly over now so I see no problems with 2010 as the date...

this mod will be finished in 2009, that's a promise from me!

Mark my words.

and it will kick ass

So you say that you have the tech tree finished? Please send me a copy of the coding, as I need that to actually finish programming Civics.

this mod will be finished in 2009, that's a promise from me!

Mark my words.

and it will kick ass

Adapting the mod to the current year seems in agreement of the purpose of the mod. (Just a matter of adapting the year in the mod's name to the year we're in.)

The Team
XML:
Adjica
Bahmo
DVS
DWOLF
Fierabras
Firestorm94
Mattygerst
NikNaks
Slobadog
VeteranLurker

SDK:
Damburger

Python:
Fierabras

Map:
JEELEN

Research:
Joecoolyo
sheep21

Now that's a team. :king:

Please let NikNaks or myself know if we forgot to include you on this updated list.

We'll try to get a recent update of the progress posted here soon. The mod is moving much faster than this forum.

Contributors; if you want to, please feel free to post here about updates as you upload to the SVN.

This thread is probably never going to be completely up to date. To find out the most recent updates, look in the log of your tortoise SVN.

Merry Christmas to ALL the team :)

Ditto what sheep21 said! Hope you all have a great day and season. Be safe and have fun.

Happy New Year everyone, if your feeling as rough as I do this morning then you will have had a good time last night!

Just a status update. All the civs have been added, along with a few UUs, UBs and leaders, but not many. We have the new corporations almost complete, civics are more than halfway done, and we've got a lot of new features already in, like DCM, M.A.D. Nukes, Nuclear Arsenal, BUG, Global Warming, Immigration and more to boot. Seems we're doing this in completely the wrong order, but hey: who's complaining?

Still to do are UUs, UBs, Leaders, Units and Ideologies, so if anyone wants to start on one of those, go right ahead. We have plenty of UB ideas, so I'd go for that first.

Also, I don't think I'm alone in being about to return to school/college/work, so be aware that the work is likely to slow a lot over the next month or two, but hopefully we'll have some kind of beta or at least an alpha out before the end of the first quarter.

And, of course, happy new year everyone!

Do you have any open slots? The only thing I could do is research or XML. I can't do anything else. My Moding skills are very limited.

Top Bottom