Steam issues?

siredgar

Warlord
I took my laptop on a trip for the weekend to play G&K and did not have an Internet connection. I tried loading a DLC game I saved, but all the fan-created DLC were gone! So I could not play the game. When I got back home and connected to the Internet, they came back. What gives? Why should I be required to connect to Steam to get access to this DLC content?

Also, my computer keeps saying I can only run one Steam at a time every time I boot my computer. Does anyone know how to stop this?

What kind of other Steam issues do you experience?

You can only have one Steam account running per computer. It's in the user agreement. Also unless you've downloaded the mods on your laptop they won't be there. Mods are installed on the device you are using at the time.

prediction: this thread will turn into a steam bashing/supporting thread by the 4th page.

I did not try to run two applications of Steam at a time. It just says that every time I boot my computer.

How do I download them on my laptop? I thought they were already there, but no only when online. The other DLC are there (expansion packs, scenarios, etc.)

Also, my computer keeps saying I can only run one Steam at a time every time I boot my computer. Does anyone know how to stop this?

Do you have a different PC also running Steam at the same time on the same account? I have Steam on multiple computers but I only connect with one at a time. This is allowed under the EULA. But connecting to Steam with the same account at the same time from 2 computers is not allowed.

If you think Steam is running twice on the one computer then the cause depends on what operating system you are running. This is more likely an O/S issue rather than a Steam issue. You could uninstall and re-install Steam, which is a fairly trivial task. Honestly I would do that first.

To see what is starting in an XP machine you can enter the command Start...Run....msinfo32. Wait a bit, a Window appears, expand "Software environment" in the left pane, then click on Startup Programs. This is a list of all the programs that run on system startup and where they are launched from. See if there are two entries for Steam in there. For example if you clicked Steam to start on system launch from the Steam interface, then ALSO put a copy of the Steam shortcut in your Startup folder, that would cause a conflict.

I think there is a similar command for Win7 but I am away from my Win-7 PC for a while.

"Go Offline" before you disconnect your laptop and take it with you. You should still be able to play all your games and mods. It's kinda dumb, I know.

I learned the hard way.

Top Bottom