Civilization time line

vsipinen

Warlord
It is not pecualiarry problem of the latest Civilization games, but in my opinion there has been always certain period of tine that has been elapse all too quickly: ~0AD - 1000AD. In my opinion also the earlierst centries should take bigger role, but especially the first centries after 1AD should be reinforced - and prefreably also first centries before 1AD.

Umm, ehkä mainitsemani asia ei useimpia häiritse, mutta kiinostaisi kuulla harmittaako ketään muuta, että jotkut historian vaiheet menee pelissä ohi hirvittävällä pikakelauksella ? Minun mielestä tekniikan kehitys suhteessa muuhun aikaan saisi edetä tavattoman paljon hitaammin. Teknologiapuuhun saisi lisätä kymmeniä lisähaaaroja.

(yksi peli voisi minustan kestääkin parhaimmillaan useita viikkoja tai jopa kuukausia)

I have to beg forgivess about using some very exotic language in my recent couple of messages. I suppose some translation is in order:

".. maybe the mentioned issue does not bother most people, but I would be interested to hear if anybody else is annoyed about the extremely fast fashion that time goes by in the game. In my opinion the speed of tech compared to other development should be much slower. there should be dozens more branches in the tree of technologies."

"one game coukd be take many more weeks than even months"

Stop <snip> complaining. If you want that play a Marithon game

Stop being so caustic. This person has a legitimate concern and it is a purpose of this forum to discuss these, rather than merely shooing them away to praise the game.

Moderator Action: don't quote bad words please.

The game allows you to pick a starting era. It would be cool if we could pick a finishing era aswell. Then the rest can be future tech from there.
They could tweak the victories a little depending on the era you choose to finish in. And they could still make the games last around the same amount of turns.

The game allows you to pick a starting era. It would be cool if we could pick a finishing era aswell. Then the rest can be future tech from there.
They could tweak the victories a little depending on the era you choose to finish in. And they could still make the games last around the same amount of turns.

Here's a great mod for chossing a ending era. He has a bunch of mods like this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=78275973&searchtext=

Here's a great mod for chossing a ending era. He has a bunch of mods like this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=78275973&searchtext=

I suppose the mods might be very good - and indeed one civ 4 mod that I tired was very good (it was some fantasy world mod that was really excellent). However I would like to get more contents for middle ages period of the normal game. And in general I would like to have more time for the earliest periods, but in particular the period from classical age to renaissance period occurs all too quicly in the normal game.

Top Bottom