Here's a weird one for you: 1 turn, 1 civ, 2 splits

Mize

Prince
So, my OCC as the Egyptians is going rather well. So, I've knocked out Paris for its riches and to deter the French (the dominant force at the time, and still kind of) from even trying to win by SS, which I planned to do a bit later. Greeks appeared out of that empire split but this one's not really important.

Now, it's time for the Chinese to get the D and I basically have their pants down and them bent over with Peking, Nanking and Canton defenceless and at the mercy of my armor. This is where weirdness ensues:

If I take Peking, the Chinese emire splits and the Mongols appear, holding the modest assests of Delhi to the West and the formerly English, later conquered by Mao, cities on the islands to the North. The Chinese are left only with their core on their mainland and the capital is inadvertently moved to unfortified Canton. If I take it right after Peking, the empire splits again in the same turn, leaving the chinese with just defenceless Nanking. And since no other slots are available, the Indians appear instead of the Mongols, gaining a couple of more cities. The Mongol units literally disappear from the now Indian cities, but the new Indian cities that are generated after the second split have their garrisons. So, military units appear to be tied to the leader, while cities/none settlers are tied to civ colour. Hackers will probably investigate, it's their territory now.

Even weirder: if I take Nanking first and then proceed to take Canton, the empire will still split again, giving the two remaining Chinese cities to the newcomer Indians. The Chinese split AND are left with nothing and destroyed at the same time. I can only suspect that since the turn is not over yet, the game thinks Nanking is still Chinese and not already mine. If a real split should happen at that point, the Indians and the Chinese should both get one of the two remaining light blue cities.

Maybe even weirder: you can talk to Genghis and Gandhi in the same turn, well, maybe easier to do if you use the autosave slot bug to get more movement, most of my units are drained of MPs now.

View attachment Civil3.rar

Top Bottom