We´re not all barbarians

:beer:

good job here :

if we look at evolution (i love the graphs at the end) the rise of our march to space begin when japan declared and we start to colonize south america.
That was the decisive action that lead us to the 1st in everything that count.

If you look at the power curves, catherine and frederic did had a lot of fun in their last minute war ^^

when does start next?

Thanks nocho :).

Well played gang! :thumbsup:.

Would it have been closer if Freddie had not got involved in a war? Possibly but I'm sure that our devotion to peace (and our related hostility to belligerents :hammer:) would have reaped its just reward :mischief:.

As for another E18 barbarian game, I'm still trying to think of a decent theme. I've thought of some naff scenarios but nothing that really appeals to me.

One idea I have been thinking about is Saladin and yet another Jihad game. Obviously found and adopt Islam and spread it everywhere is the principal theme which isn't too easy when you can only have 3 missionaries active at a time. On the other hand its hardly an origina idea.

How about Emperor on a Pangaea with Aggressive AI (and one or two AI less than the map size would place) and Raging Barbs on, while we are not allowed to build the Great Wall? Now that would be a barbarian game ;)

I already did a R_Rolo game with Saladin. I would pass on that idea.
Religious spreading was part of that one.

Happy to wrap this up with a win. At one point we didn't see that strong, but in the end :hammer:

Another option. Earth 18. Spain. Epic. Emperor. Raging Barbs. Variant: cannot settle outside Iberia before astronomy. Settle all america (north and south). Start with barbarian south america before taking out inca, aztec, yanquis.

How far to astronomy from the start? I really don't know the earth map well.

I assume that pigs means the regular E18 map , that starts in 4000 BC as usual.

@ Pigs

That would be a very boring game until we attacked the french ( no settling != no conquer :p )

It would certainly be a dull start but would liven up after astronomy (endless hordes of barbarian maces pouring from the amazonian jungles).

edit: I haven't really thought of a good idea to continue this mini-series. I think I'd rather put it on hold than play a second rate variant for the sake of it. Of course if anyone else comes up with a good idea I'd be willing to play along.

I'm not sure this is the kind of thing you had in mind, but I once thought about the following settings for a corporate America:
- play as America (Earth 18)
- win by domination/conquest
- may only conquer a city if it has a corporation whose headquarters you own (culture, AP overtaking OK)

Plenty of stuffs to think about (expansion without war, good diplo for open borders, corporation and resource planning...); maybe a bit too much ?

BorninCanataloup just posted an immortal always war game in Strategy and Tips. So I thought to myself: E18, Immortal, Always War, Inca.

Haven't thought of a catchy title.

Not sure if the variant calls for immortal or emperor.

Any interest?

Aren't the Inca a weakling on the earth map?

Either way never touched immortal, and won't start with an AW game.

inca on E18 is a bit of a challenge (considered as the worst start location ever). couldn't remember if i finish it on monarch or emperor.
if you add always war it is even more challenging (well, we are pretty mutch alone on our continent but remember: no trading techs for backfill)

IMHO, on immortal, it's gonna be a slauther.
on emperor, maybe doable
on monarch, resonnable challenge i think.

in either case, count me in. I'm ready to lose ^^

Didn't we do an Inca game in the RR series? IIRC it wasn't too hard but not sure if it was immortal, certainly not AW though... Count me in, but maybe better emperor if AW. Also prepared to die though, so I'll go with whatever. :D

Emperor sounds good to me.

Inca is usually weak in E18 because of isolated position. With Always War this is likely to be an advantage. Monte and The Yankee have a mountain in the way, Old World has to wait for optics before they declare and astronomy before they can invade.

It'll be easy. We'll rely on rolo's expertise in isolated starts.

Title: "AW shucks"

Top Bottom