Blue Marble 4.0

Err... it's not new mod per se, but I'm sure there are people who'd rather have Rhye's graphics than BM which is nowadays added everywhere. I, for one, am one of them.

Besides, isn't it very easy to install BM seperately, even without it automatically being in an already great mod? Rhye's graphics don't look all that different and I don't like the way Suryavarman and Darius look in Blue Marble. > >

RFC is build upon Blue Marble graphics (I don't know which version). If there are new and better graphics for units and building, i guess Rhye will add them.

Graphics are edited just in XML (plus the graphics files need to be added). It is not hard and it would not change the gameplay at all.

No, RFC graphics is not based on Blue Marble.
In 2005 I borrowed its peaks and its tundra only, and did the rest on my own.
After 2 years of RFC, its author tried to revoke the permission to use that graphics, but I ignored his request as BTS was already shipping. For this reason too (other than the fact that I don't like it), I'm not using it. I'm improving the graphics anyway, thanks to another user.

EDIT: actually I can see that he radically changed the colours in 4.0. Now it's very good, but as I said, I have enough reasons to do it on my own anyway. Stay tuned, in the next patch I'll propose some new stuff

My bad then, I read something about RFC and Blue Marble and since the RFC graphics is different from regular Civ's I wrongly assumed RFC takes BM.

Top Bottom