Minimum City Borders Option

As I said earlier, that is intentional. Revolutions mod intentionally supercedes and replaces the old city flipping mechanic.
Maybe my post wasn't clear. I know how it works, it's the new Rev mechanic that's not working correctly. You still get the choice, as it's shown in my screenshot, to assimilate that city or a new civ will form. You can actually choose but your choice doesn't work in either case. Code IS working, except for the last step (assimilating that city OR civ spawning).

45°38'N-13°47'E;13447168 said:
Maybe my post wasn't clear. I know how it works, it's the new Rev mechanic that's not working correctly. You still get the choice, as it's shown in my screenshot, to assimilate that city or a new civ will form. You can actually choose but your choice doesn't work in either case. Code IS working, except for the last step (assimilating that city OR civ spawning).

Sounds like the code for the popup is broken then...

Sounds like the code for the popup is broken then...
What should happen with revolution if you have an overwhelming culture over a foreign city on the border?

45°38'N-13°47'E;13447189 said:
What should happen with revolution if you have an overwhelming culture over a foreign city on the border?

It should raise the revolution index in that city. If the owner kept bribing it or otherwise happy, then nothing. Otherwise, normal revolution procedures.

I was about to integrate my message. Exactly.

What if a foreign civ has overwhelming culture in your border city? I assume the same should happen: you get the chance to either gift that city to the other civ, or you can bribe that city or a new rebel civ will spawn. All these options happened to me in past games and all of them also happened to the other civ in the above mentioned test game. Foreign civ is able to bribe rebels, to gift me their city and to refuse their independence hence spawning rebels. All of this happened and you can see it by simply reloading my save. BUT, when the actual rebellion takes place or the actual independence request is accepted by foreign civ, revolution rate is reset and city doesn't change ownership. It's not the message that's bugged, it's probably something with calculateCultureOwner if I recall correctly the function name (I can't check right now).

It should raise the revolution index in that city. If the owner kept bribing it or otherwise happy, then nothing. Otherwise, normal revolution procedures.

More on the subject. Revolution ON and Fixed Borders OFF. As supposed, AI is getting revolts in his city which is overwhelmed by my culture, so it decides to gift me the city and I get the popup. Savegame here, usually after a couple of turns you get asked if you want that city to join your empire (if not, just use some spy - already there - to Aid Rebel Faction, which by the way is one of the most used Esp mission for AI). Either if you accept or you decline, city doesn't change ownership as it should, but you get a python error (screenshot here). So either way there IS something wrong if revolting city is supposed to join your empire. Surprisingly, it works if that city breaks away to form a new civ. It happened to me a couple of time that the same revolting city founded Native Americans.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13447988 said:
More on the subject. Revolution ON and Fixed Borders OFF. As supposed, AI is getting revolts in his city which is overwhelmed by my culture, so it decides to gift me the city and I get the popup. Savegame here, usually after a couple of turns you get asked if you want that city to join your empire (if not, just use some spy - already there - to Aid Rebel Faction, which by the way is one of the most used Esp mission for AI). Either if you accept or you decline, city doesn't change ownership as it should, but you get a python error (screenshot here). So either way there IS something wrong if revolting city is supposed to join your empire. Surprisingly, it works if that city breaks away to form a new civ. It happened to me a couple of time that the same revolting city founded Native Americans.

Turn on python logging and grab the python err logs. Definitely a bug.

Turn on python logging and grab the python err logs. Definitely a bug.

I'm already trying again but it doesn't happen always. First, AI makes different choices; sometimes a new civ is created, sometimes they bribe the city because I see revolution rate drop, sometimes they gift me the city (which is the choice that's causing troubles). But I got that error on 2 occasions, both if I was accepting that city and if I was refusing it (same error); I've been able to reproduce this situation but now I've got no python error. I'm trying again reloading the game to see if it happens again.

Edit: nothing, I've tried at least 20 times, most of the time that city became a new civ (Native Americans, Atzecs, Iroquis, English), some times it asked to join my empire but I didn't get that error again, either if I accepted or I declined their offer. If I'm able to reproduce it again, I'll post the logs.

:lol:
This is the weirdest thing happened but it might be because I've changed option from No Fixed Border to Fixed Border using CyGlobalContext().getGame().setOption(59, False) from the python console. The city revolted and I've become the revolting civ, with just a few units and that city alone! :lol:

Edit: I have logs for this one if they might be interesting.

Ok, I've been able to reproduce that python error, here are the logs.

I suspect anyway that it might be caused by me changing "No fixed Border" option from True to False via python console. So nothing to worry about, I suppose.
I'll keep looking for that part of the code where city ownership change is supposed to happen.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13448185 said:
Ok, I've been able to reproduce that python error, here are the logs.

I suspect anyway that it might be caused by me changing "No fixed Border" option from True to False via python console. So nothing to worry about, I suppose.
I'll keep looking for that part of the code where city ownership change is supposed to happen.

No I don't think it is related to you using the python console. What the error indicates is that the Revolution mod tried to access a value outside of the dictionary. This is strange because this indicates there is no revolution data for that player.

I highly recommend adding CvUtil.pyPrint(...) statements below 6047 (the line before the error) and outputting all of the variables values. It's possible that the handler is being called on some garbage player but without knowing more I can't say.

No I don't think it is related to you using the python console. What the error indicates is that the Revolution mod tried to access a value outside of the dictionary. This is strange because this indicates there is no revolution data for that player.

I highly recommend adding CvUtil.pyPrint(...) statements below 6047 (the line before the error) and outputting all of the variables values. It's possible that the handler is being called on some garbage player but without knowing more I can't say.
OK, I'll see what I can do. Maybe that would explain that case when the revolving city spawned a new civ and I was placed in control of that civ. Yesterday I've posted those logs too.

Mmmm, I think that problem about cities not flipping when you get the popup (and not spawning a new civ too, when you refuse to accept that city) is there since the very beginning of Revolution. I've found a post in LoR thread, and it seems this problem is affecting that mod too:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13200068&postcount=2424

But, hear my words, in LoR MP it works, but only in the game of the player who isn't involved on the city flipping. Also, the popup appears to both players, not only the one who is supposed to get it.

Everytime this happened, the one supposed to get the city left and rejoined, because in the game of the other player the flip always succeeded. Of course an OOS always happened after the popup was resolved and the flip did/didn't happen in each game state.

But, hear my words, in LoR MP it works, but only in the game of the player who isn't involved on the city flipping. Also, the popup appears to both players, not only the one who is supposed to get it.

Everytime this happened, the one supposed to get the city left and rejoined, because in the game of the other player the flip always succeeded. Of course an OOS always happened after the popup was resolved and the flip did/didn't happen in each game state.

I've read your previous message and I'm trying to understand if I can get some clue from it. Just to make sure I understand, are you saying that:

Player A has overwhelming culture over Player B (AI) city. Player C is your friend. When Player B city is revolting, both Player A and Player C get the popup and when Player A accepts that city, Player C is getting it instead. Is this correct? Does it happen every time? And always with Player C? Who was hosting the game? Have you ever tried refusing that city? What happens then? In single player that city never changes ownership, both if you accept or refuse it. Thank you Spirictum.

No, it's like that:

Player A has overwhelming culture over Player B (AI) city. Player C is your friend (not an AI). When Player B city is revolting, both Player A and Player C get the popup and when Player A accepts that city, two different game states are generated:

In Player A's game state, nothing happens;

In Player C's game state, player A gets the city for him, as it was supposed to happen.

Then whoever was player A left and rejoined to load Player C's gamestate.

Of course an OOS happens exactly when Player A accepts the flip.

I'm not sure if it happened everytime, but I'm pretty sure it happend a lot.
When the problem occurs, the player that has nothing to do with the flipping city always get the right outcome of the flipping process, and thus the other player rejoins the game to get the correct outcome. I don't remember anything about who was hosting or if we ever tried to refuse. These are memories of long ago, more affected by our competition to win the game then a deeper analysis of the mechanics of the game.

Top Bottom