Team Free Embassy

:hatsoff: awesome. :thumbsup:

Even enough Shakespeare this time for me :D

I say: Send it.

Thanks Paul! Glad you liked it. :D thanks for your helpful comments.

Now that Donsig has played the turn, I think we need to send this asap. (Unless donsig is planning on holding the save?) Hopefully I've made enough adjustments that people are happy with this as is?

And again for ease of reference:

Version 3:
Dear Kuningas and all FREE people,

Your words were received with great gladness in the halls of The Council.
We most heartily agree to your trade of Iron Working for Philosophy… as you know, we sent Philosophy to you last turn, and we look forward to accepting the deal this turn.

We have 2 Matters we wish to discuss with you.

#1 – Mutually Assured Advancement
Perhaps now we can begin coordinating our research to advance both our peoples more rapidly?
We’ll start by informing you that we just learned the secrets of Literature, and have our wisepeople peering into the secrets of something called Masonry. Where are your current research plans taking you? We’re happy to adjust our plans to mutual benefit.

For example, we could strike a deal to rapidly get us both Republic (a government with more freedom as befits your name) and all the other Ancient Age techs. One team could race to Republic while the other gives Map Making and Currency in exchange. In association with this, we'd both obviously want the deal to include the perquisites for Republic and Currency as well as all the other techs!

If you agree to this in principle, we can write up a more formal treaty, dealing with all the particulars and carrying both our peoples all the way through the ancient age, into sharing our free techs, and beyond!

#2 – Playing Well with Others
As we get agreement on how/what our cooperation is going to look like, we'll both want to address how to handle the savage foreigners.

Have you met anyone else yet? We're pleased to say that you are the first humans we've met who have risen above mindless attempts to raid our cities and that are capable of exploring, learning and communicating.

I'm sure we can work out a coordinated strategy in dealing with the Foreign Fearsome Hordes… where if one of us prospers, both prosper. We'd like to see this as a part of any grand alliance/technology deal. What do you think?

Obviously, the first priority is to nail down what techs we're researching, so please respond as soon as possible with your research plans so we can make sure we’re not duplicating our efforts as we hammer out the rest of these details.

Speaking with the voice of the Council, General_W

Should I send this now?

EDIT: Sent to FREE gmail, and to Kunnigas via PM. Title: "Beginning of Great things!"

ok!
Sending now! :salute:

Sent to FREE gmail, and to Kunnigas via PM. Title: "Beginning of Great things!"

Sorry I wasn't available to comment earlier... But, for the record, I liked Version 3, as well as the more vague version of earlier. Chopping it up sounded like it could have led to confusion or lack of interest.

Good job, all :)

Version 3 looks very good to me. I hope you didn't take my/our comments as unappreciative of your work. Apparently we just have different ideas about diplo - some of us are more bold, others more cautious. (And I tend to be suspicious...)

Anyway, good work! And I hope they don't misunderstand the line about mindless city raiders...:lol:

Thanks for the late positive feedback gentlemen! (made me nervous to send something without full approval! Don't want to lose my prestigious seat at the Council table ;) )

@zyxy – I didn't take your comments as unappreciative at all! You're a big reason why version 3 was MUCH better than version 1 (in my opinion). I think you hit the nail on the head with just different styles of diplomacy. Version 3 is not exactly as I would have written it… it's better. :)

Now the "waiting on FREE" game continues…

Have we received any more feedback than the initial one from Team Free?

There is nothing in our gmail. But perhaps they are mailing to General_W? It might be good to ask them to copy to the team account.

So far, Kunnigas has just responded to our first letter directly to my gmail account.
Let me assure you, I stay pretty on-top of my e-mail, but next time I get a response, I'll be happy to ask for him to send a CC to our team e-mail as well.
:salute:

I propose sending this asap – I don't think it merits waiting for everyone to weigh in, but I'll hold off on sending it to at least allow a chance for feedback if anyone thinks sending this is a big mistake!

Dear Kunnigas and all FREEs,

We know we sent you a lot to digest in the last letter, but we're going to be making our next technology choice here soon, and we'd hate to duplicate efforts.

Any chance you can let us know what you're working on/direction you're headed so that we can start planning for maximum benefit for both our peoples?

All the Best,
General_W, member of The Council

I think a gentle prod is justified as not duplicating research would be in the interests of both teams.

Do you want to put a line in about exploring down their coast or send in a seperate communication?

I very much want to do the polite thing, and ask for permission to move through their coast. Maybe if we attach that to this letter, we'll get a quicker response?

Here's version 2.
Dear Kuningas and all FREEs,

We know we sent you a lot to digest in the last letter, but we're going to be making our next technology choice here soon, and we'd hate to duplicate efforts.

Any chance you can let us know what you're working on/direction you're headed so that we can start planning for maximum benefit for both our peoples?

Also – Our Curragh, Chamsuri, is approaching your borders and we'd like your blessing to sail through. If this is a problem, please let us know right away, and we'll adjust course.

All the Best,
General_W, member of The Council

EDIT: Sent to Team FREE gmail, and kunnigas via PM.

Sending now, to coincide with FREE getting their turn.

fine. I like the question for right of passage. 10 points for good style. :thumbsup:

Pity that they seem to discuss this issue slowly. :confused:
They should be right as excited about the contact as we were. :confused: :confused:

Did they not have a plan for this case :confused: :confused: :confused:

edit: Should we establish an in-game embassy in their capital as soon as we have the spare money (54g)?

This just in!!
More good news! [party]

Hail General_W and all The Council!

Allow me to introduce myself. I am CommandoBob, Acting Foreign Minister of Team FREE.

When we mentioned to our learned ones about the possibility of learning this new thing called Republic, they began to cheer and dance; so that seems like a good thing to learn.

We of FREE have big plans. Our greatest dream is to visit the stars and see Trantor, Pern, Hoth, Ceti Alpha V and Iota Geminorum IV. Such a dream will take many years of hard work and effort to become a reality. But we are ready to do so. We are currently trying to learn all about numbers and we soon know how to add and subtract.

We also know how to work with stone and how to have fancy funerals.

We of FREE hope that you wish to visit the stars also (The Council of the FREE, such a great name for a star vessel). But that path is long, and the end is uncertain. We plan to journey to the little spots of lights in the nighttime sky, yet the unknown peoples of this world may seek our destruction upon our first meetings with them. Like yourselves, we have met only the rabble that wear white, and have seen no evidence of the other fearsome sounding peoples.

Having met as friends and seeing the willingness we have to help each other, we of FREE would be glad to be participate in Mutually Assured Advancement and in the planning of how to deal with the great unwashed masses we both have yet to meet.

CommandoBob
FREE Foreign Minister (Acting)
Let FREEdom Ring
Let the white dove sing...

So - we need to adjust our tech strategy... FREE already has Masonry, and is closing in on Math.

Time to start drafting a formal tech plan! :clap:

FREE is on a communications binge!

2nd Letter from them just came in… even MORE great info here.
CommandoBob is working on a formal treaty. He will be back to you when his work is done.

We begin to research CoL. After that we ahead to the Republic. Also we can trade Mathematics and Ceremonial
Burial to you.We would like to send Maths/CB to you for Literature. That would open religional bottom path and Construction/Currency
for you. We have plenty of time to work details of further trades as the Republic is going to take many turns.

Chamsuri is allowed to enter our cultural borders.

Kind regards,
Kuningas

Excellent, this is more like it.

Since FREE are already working on maths maybe we should start on COL then Republic, FREE could then work on currency and construction.

We could also look to a trade of Lit for Maths and CB (exact same beaker cost)

Sent this quick note back to FREE
Fantastic! Thanks to you and CommandoBob for getting back so quickly.

We'll start working on some proposals also, and see who's fastest! Then we can merge the two.

All the best,
General_W

Just signed for myself, not the Council… but I thought it'd be nice to shout a quick thank-you out, since we were pestering them ;)

P.S. Aigburth – I think you x-posted that last comment… make sure you don't miss Kuningas's very helpful follow-up message.

Top Bottom