Announcing BUFFY

Is there a way to change this? My stupid Google Desktop thinks that is a hotkey. It's really frustrating!

If you are not planning to submit any HOF or xOTM games, you can change any of the shortcuts in the XML files in Assets/Config, for example MapFinder.xml for these two.

A future enhancement will move the shortcuts to the INI files so that you can change them in the options screen without violating your HOF/xOTM games.

So I just set up a new machine with civ4-warlords-bts, updated to 3.19, and then looked around to see what was the latest tech in mods (I used to use BAT+BUG). Discovered BUFFY, installed it.

Nothin. I got nothin. My game looks like vanilla bts, as far as I can tell. I can't find any buffy features. The install claimed success, and I see the BUFFY-3.19.001 folder in the bts Mods folder like it should be. But the game seems to play like regular BTS.

Is there something I'm supposed to do to enable BUFFY?

Is there something I'm supposed to do to enable BUFFY?
BUFFY is a mod. You need to load the mod to play with it. Click 'advanced' and then 'load a mod' and then locate BUFFY. There are some shortcut keys that auto load mods but I cannot remember what they are (they are in this thread somewhere) - I'll dig them and post them in the FAQ.

Hey, I still have the folder was invalid thing. Where is the MapFinder located in this install?

Hey, I still have the folder was invalid thing. Where is the MapFinder located in this install?

As with HOF Mod, you must install MapFinder separately as it has its own application for setting up the rules and inspecting the saved maps.

BUFFY defaults Map Finder to be in "c:\program files\map finder" but Map Finder itself is probably installed in "c:\my documents\user\my games\Map Finder".

You need to install Map Finder where BUFFY thinks it is or change the directory that it looks at (options Map tab).

. . . but Map Finder itself is probably installed in "c:\my documents\user\my games\Map Finder".

Ouch, really? :( Sorry guys, I didn't think to check that as I put mine into C:\Games\MapFinder and just assumed it went into Program Files.

I am confused. I can find MapFinder for 3.17, but not 3.19, and thus all my BUFFY/3.19 saves don't go anywhere. Where can I get Mapfinder for 3.19, that works with BUFFY, or is it still installed and unknown?

I am confused. I can find MapFinder for 3.17, but not 3.19, and thus all my BUFFY/3.19 saves don't go anywhere. Where can I get Mapfinder for 3.19, that works with BUFFY, or is it still installed and unknown?

The save file format didn't change with 3.19, so I would expect MapFinder to work with 3.19 without any changes. Can someone from HOF confirm this?

I don't think you understand. When it says 'saving...' the save does NOT go to MapFinder. I cannot find it.

I don't think you understand. When it says 'saving...' the save does NOT go to MapFinder. I cannot find it.

It should place all MapFinder saved games in the Saves folder inside the folder you specified on the Map tab of the options screen. Does the folder on the options screen exist? Do you have write permission to the Saves folder in it? Does it have a Saves folder in it?

stupid question here....i'm completely new to this mod. After reading about the various mods, does BUFFY actually include the BAT mod as well? thanks

Does BUFFY actually include the BAT mod as well? thanks

No, the extra graphics in BAT can be a burden on older computers and video cards, just like BlueMarble. Therefore we decided not to force it on everyone playing BUFFY. Sadly, due to how Civ modding works you can't use BAT with BUFFY in the same way you can use BlueMarble. :(

stupid question here....i'm completely new to this mod. After reading about the various mods, does BUFFY actually include the BAT mod as well? thanks
Can I just say that this question was answered in the FAQ (post #4) :D.

Tried this mod in SP and loved it to death. Great job guys. My problem starts when I convinced my MP buddies to grab it and try it for a MP game. When we're all running BUFFY our games go out of sync pretty quickly. As far as I can tell it happens whenever I (the host) attack something. This has never happened before in our normal unmodded MP games.

We've all tried clearing our cache, but to no avail. Any ideas as to what we can try to fix this? Thanks.

Top Bottom