Modern Alliances

Nope, it is %s1 not s%1
Add a fullstop or exclaimation mark.
Make sure you revert the color back at the end of message

You are welcome :D

Also you did the movie farely easily, not sure if you ever look At The J's python thread, but him, J mie and I are working on creating a natural wonder mod, and a lot of it is python. J mie was trying to work on how to add a movie, not sure if he got it but i know he was having a bit of trouble, anyway if you dont mind just check time to time, I'm sure you can help out:D

Simple, because it is simple cut and paste work from default BTS codes under onBuildingBuilt.
All I did was edit the variables

Pretty sure thats what J mie was trying to do, he was talking about using what civ bts just usually does.

Quick question, if I want an ancient wonder to be given to a civ that is teh first one to discover a technology, can it be just a building class or must it be a special buildings type?

As for the meet players at start thingy, both can be done.
Meet players is done in Marco Polo
Code:
pTeam.meet(iTeam, false)
Reveal map is done in Zizkov
Code:
CyMap().setRevealedPlots(iTeam, true, false)

Disabling the first time popup would probably be either SDK or Diplomacy screen which I havent bothered to explore

Building Class will do

As for the natural wonder thing.

I believe, just do a check under "def onPlotRevealed(self, argsList):"
check if the plot has the natural wonder
If yes, add the display movie code.

Should work, but the thing is how to set it to display only once :D

Code:
def onPlotRevealed(self, argsList):
		'Plot Revealed'
		pPlot = argsList[0]
		iTeam = argsList[1]

iPlayer = gc.getTeam(iTeam).getLeaderID()
		if pPlot.isPeak():
			capital = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).getCapitalCity()
			if ((not gc.getGame().isNetworkMultiPlayer()) and (iPlayer == gc.getGame().getActivePlayer())):
				# If this is a wonder...
				popupInfo = CyPopupInfo()
				popupInfo.setButtonPopupType(ButtonPopupTypes.BUTTONPOPUP_PYTHON_SCREEN)
				popupInfo.setData1(gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_ORACLE"))
				popupInfo.setData2(capital.getID())
				popupInfo.setData3(0)
				popupInfo.setText(u"showWonderMovie")
				popupInfo.addPopup(iPlayer)

Done, every time you reveal a plot with a mountain, it will display movie for oracle lol
But it is now only displaying for the team leader. If you want to display it for all members not hard as well. So when your natural wonders are out, then just do necessary adjustments to the codes

But would that not play the movies to all civs?

I am not sure exactly what direction we are going with it, since ew kinda all just decisded to do it without much discussion. But if we give a bonus for discovering the wonder (so just first time) wonder shall only be played for first person. Otherwise we might play the movie if you put it inside your borders, either way I beleive it should only be played for once.

As for the meet players at start thingy, both can be done.
Meet players is done in Marco Polo
Code:
pTeam.meet(iTeam, false)
Reveal map is done in Zizkov
Code:
CyMap().setRevealedPlots(iTeam, true, false)

Disabling the first time popup would probably be either SDK or Diplomacy screen which I havent bothered to explore

So theres no python that would say you meet all the players but it isnt the first time? Maybe something like add them all on one team then remove all team? Something were they would already know eachother in the begning of the game, but just wouldn't have to greet eachother? Since sdk is out of the question since I got no modding skills and don't have a lot of people that can help

Save the data somewhere then, same way as how data is saved in Circus Hagenback of the_J and some of my wonders.
Just add a boolean variable which is false at first, and once movie is displayed once, it is set to true.

So the main thing is, get your ideas confirmed first, then codes can be adjusted accordingly

Yes, true its deifnatly still in the works

How much does a onunitbuild code, take a tole on gameplay? Essentially it would be a check every time a unit is built, if it is a certain unit class (a unitclass in my mod for wonder units), then do a check to see which unit class it is, then play a movie. So how much will that one line tak e atole on game play. I know it depends on computer etc etc, but how much do you think it takes on the average computer, or on your computer?

My desktop is still a dinosaur using WinXp, yet I do my testings on Gigapack directly with "you know how many python codes there are".
Of course I don't do my testings in a huge map end game, since I don't have a end game savings after reinstall.
My computer can run Gigapack, yet it will definitely crash on big mods like C2C with too much stuff added.

Thus, what I can tell you is, try it out yourself to find out lol.
There are various mods out there with python codes here and there, so one python code is not going to add 10 mins of waiting time

I would test it by my only problem is my civ is acting like crap:mad:

Mods takes normal time to load, but once I load them there is a nice 30 seconds pause of black screen then it shows main menu, and during game it is really really extremely laggy. Its so weird, as soon as a screen shows up it isnt. So like in the begining of the game, it shows some pigs walking around and a warrior and settler do there little animations, it is super laggy, yet if i press Esc, and the menu with "Return to Main menu" etc show up, all of those turn unlaggy and run perfectly fine! Same thing when leaderheads act for diplomacy, pefect! I'm guessing some sort of virus, going to try to reinstall civ

hey platyping, am I right in thinking that the code you posted for the movies breaks into CvWonderMovieScreen.py somewhere along the line?

I found a method in the CyGInterface class which is

playMovie(...)

maybee that could work even more effciently and that is what the wonder movie screen uses to play it... the parameters are position on screen, height, width, moviename etc.

No idea, didn't explore how it works. Just a copy and paste job from a working BTS code lol to test how to activate a movie when a plot is revealed.

I can forsee a problem, because features don't come with movie tags as mentioned in the other thread, thus if you have a cleaner solution, thats nice since this is just a simple copy and paste lol

hmmm, I am actually going to see how the mod Road to War handles this because they have a movie that plays on game start. otherwise I have some class editing to do :p I will find a way to do this :lol:

Right I have decided that to fix all of this it I am gonna edit the class itself to accomodate the natural wonders and I might even go and make some tiny (literally tiny) sdk changes if you are ok with a DLL dacubz?

add a movie tag to FeaturesInfo.xml. unless you intend to use dummy building or dummy project

Well more than likely it will be a static movie. So is there a way to do it with the modcmop that adds pictues when you get a great person. Somethng similar to that would actually be ten times better than just a movie playing since i beleive it shows some text as well?

Top Bottom