Modern Alliances

Adjusted
Spoiler :
Code:
## Ancient Wonders Start ##
		if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(1, "Wonder Building") == 0:
			AncientWonder = []
			for iWonder in range(gc.getNumBuildingInfos()):
				Wonderinfo = gc.getBuildingInfo(iWonder)
				WonderBuildingClass = Wonderinfo.getBuildingClassType()
				WonderSpecialBuilding = Wonderinfo.getSpecialBuildingType()
				if WonderSpecialBuilding == gc.getInfoTypeForString("SPECIALBUILDING_CATHEDRAL") and CyGame().getBuildingClassCreatedCount(WonderBuildingClass) == 0:
					AncientWonder.append(iWonder)

if len(AncientWonder) > 0:
				WhichWonder = CyGame().getSorenRandNum(len(AncientWonder), "which wonder")
				Wonderinfo = gc.getBuildingInfo(AncientWonder[WhichWonder])

WonderPlayer = []
				for iPlayerX in range(gc.getMAX_CIV_PLAYERS()):
					pPlayerX = gc.getPlayer(iPlayerX)
					if pPlayerX.isAlive():
						if Wonderinfo.isWater():
							if pPlayerX.countNumCoastalCities() > 0:
								WonderPlayer.append(pPlayerX)
						else:
							WonderPlayer.append(pPlayerX)

if len(WonderPlayer) > 0:
					pPlayer = WonderPlayer[CyGame().getSorenRandNum(len(WonderPlayer), "which player")]
					WonderCity = []
					(loopCity, iter) = pPlayer.firstCity(false)
					while(loopCity):
						if Wonderinfo.isWater():
							if loopCity.isCoastal(10):
								WonderCity.append(loopCity)
						else:
						(loopCity, iter) = pPlayer.nextCity(iter, false)
					if len(WonderCity) > 0:
						pCity = WonderCity[CyGame().getSorenRandNum(len(WonderCity), "which city")]
						pCity.setNumRealBuilding(AncientWonder[WhichWonder], 1)
						if ((not gc.getGame().isNetworkMultiPlayer()) and (pPlayer.getID() == gc.getGame().getActivePlayer())):
							popupInfo = CyPopupInfo()
							popupInfo.setButtonPopupType(ButtonPopupTypes.BUTTONPOPUP_PYTHON_SCREEN)
							popupInfo.setData1(AncientWonder[WhichWonder])
							popupInfo.setData2(pCity.getID())
							popupInfo.setData3(0)
							popupInfo.setText(u"showWonderMovie")
							popupInfo.addPopup(pPlayer.getID())
						CyInterface().addImmediateMessage(CyTranslator().getText("TXT_ANCIENT_START",(gc.getBuildingInfo(AncientWonder[WhichWonder]).getDescription(),pCity.getName(),pPlayer.getCivilizationDescriptionKey(),)), None)
## Ancient Wonders End ##

Pretty easy, buy one get one free lol
Just like my Abu Simbel

Yeah same thing, just randomise the location lol
Simple cut and paste from the above codes if you need

Would it go something like:
Code:
def onBuildingBuilt(self, argsList):
		'Building Completed'
		pCity, iBuildingType = argsList
		game = gc.getGame()
if iBuildingType == gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_WONDER"):

I am assuming that is completely wrong since i got no idea what im doing:D

Yup, completely wrong :D

Code:
## Louvre Start ##
		BuildingInfo = gc.getBuildingInfo(iBuildingType)
		if isWorldWonderClass(BuildingInfo.getBuildingClassType()):
			AncientWonder = []
			for iWonder in range(gc.getNumBuildingInfos()):
				Wonderinfo = gc.getBuildingInfo(iWonder)
				WonderBuildingClass = Wonderinfo.getBuildingClassType()
				WonderSpecialBuilding = Wonderinfo.getSpecialBuildingType()
				if WonderSpecialBuilding == gc.getInfoTypeForString("SPECIALBUILDING_ANCIENT_WONDER") and CyGame().getBuildingClassCreatedCount(WonderBuildingClass) == 0:
			if len(AncientWonder) > 0:
				WhichWonder = CyGame().getSorenRandNum(len(AncientWonder), "which wonder")
				Wonderinfo = gc.getBuildingInfo(AncientWonder[WhichWonder])
				pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(pCity.getOwner())
				WonderCity = []
					(loopCity, iter) = pPlayer.firstCity(false)
					while(loopCity):
						if Wonderinfo.isWater():
							if loopCity.isCoastal(10):
						else:
						(loopCity, iter) = pPlayer.nextCity(iter, false)
					if len(WonderCity) > 0:
						luckyCity = WonderCity[CyGame().getSorenRandNum(len(WonderCity), "which city")]
						luckyCity.setNumRealBuilding(AncientWonder[WhichWonder], 1)
						if ((not gc.getGame().isNetworkMultiPlayer()) and (pPlayer.getID() == gc.getGame().getActivePlayer())):
							popupInfo = CyPopupInfo()
							popupInfo.setButtonPopupType(ButtonPopupTypes.BUTTONPOPUP_PYTHON_SCREEN)
							popupInfo.setData1(AncientWonder[WhichWonder])
							popupInfo.setData2(luckyCity.getID())
							popupInfo.setData3(0)
							popupInfo.setText(u"showWonderMovie")
							popupInfo.addPopup(pPlayer.getID())
						CyInterface().addImmediateMessage(CyTranslator().getText("TXT_ANCIENT_START",(gc.getBuildingInfo(AncientWonder[WhichWonder]).getDescription(),luckyCity.getName(),pPlayer.getCivilizationDescriptionKey(),)), None)

That is the whole code, what errors you get from that?
iBuildingType is correct

@aob

Well I fixed civ so I plan on working on the scenario again, sorry for the bit of absence from contact with you, as platyping and I have been talking about, there were some errors I needed to fix, as well as some other projects I was doing while civ was broken

Have you fixed your computer yet? Hope so since it is such a pain when computers are screwed up

Couple questions
1)Platyping was wondering if you had any idea for angel of the North? He asked me and I had no idea, do you have any idea for what Angelof the North can add? Minus xml things like culture etc

2)I'm doing resources now, I have added steel along with steel mill. Which units do you beleive I should have require steel (obviously not specific untis, but like I am assuming most boats/tanks except for....any??? Any other units?)

3)What do you think about keeping obsidian?I think I will keep it, and give hospitals a +1 health bonus since this iswhat wikipedia says
Obsidian has been used for blades in surgery, as well-crafted obsidian blades have a cutting edge many times sharper than high-quality steel surgical scalpels, the cutting edge of the blade being only about 3 nanometers thick.[15] Even the sharpest metal knife has a jagged, irregular blade when viewed under a strong enough microscope; when examined even under an electron microscope an obsidian blade is still smooth and even. One study found that obsidian incisions produced narrower scars, fewer inflammatory cells, and less granulation tissue in a group of rats.[16] Don Crabtree produced obsidian blades for surgery and other purposes,[15] and has written articles on the subject.

@aob

Well I fixed civ so I plan on working on the scenario again, sorry for the bit of absence from contact with you, as platyping and I have been talking about, there were some errors I needed to fix, as well as some other projects I was doing while civ was broken

Have you fixed your computer yet? Hope so since it is such a pain when computers are screwed up

Couple questions
1)Platyping was wondering if you had any idea for angel of the North? He asked me and I had no idea, do you have any idea for what Angelof the North can add? Minus xml things like culture etc

2)I'm doing resources now, I have added steel along with steel mill. Which units do you beleive I should have require steel (obviously not specific untis, but like I am assuming most boats/tanks except for....any??? Any other units?)

3)What do you think about keeping obsidian?I think I will keep it, and give hospitals a +1 health bonus since this iswhat wikipedia says

still not had chance to take in yet, been too busy with work and stuff but ive got monday off work so im taking it then. annoying since i wanted 1920 finished by now but i need 2 computers to copy from the ROM version i made before.

mmm well the angel of the north is just a sculpture and art, a landmark in my part of UK, usualy use it on tv as a landmark when they talk about the region its in or on tv shows. other than culture and happiness not really anything else you could add, next to a highway, maybe add something to do with that.

steel mmm only things that comes to mind is ships and used to make armor for tanks till ww2, other than that i dont know sorry

like i said before all of the resources are still used today just not in a way in civ4, i looked them all up on wiki like you and choose the ones i left were still the most important today but there was a case for all of them obsidian included, what you said for obsidian is an decent enough idea so leave that one to your call, if you dont need to trim down number of resources anymore then why not.

I dont need to cut them down but I just want to make it more accurate, obsidian has a nice civ related thing, since adding health to building due to resource is easy via xml I kept it in a did it

I would say Bison is excluded, they are pretty much illegal to hunt so useless :lol:

Tanks are a bit creepy, since a lot of cold war tanks used steel, only problem is it was still with a mix of ceramics and plastic, so not sure if i can make it requier steel ya know? If it was possible to make it without it

What do you think about making plastic a resource?

I dont need to cut them down but I just want to make it more accurate, obsidian has a nice civ related thing, since adding health to building due to resource is easy via xml I kept it in a did it

I would say Bison is excluded, they are pretty much illegal to hunt so useless :lol:

Tanks are a bit creepy, since a lot of cold war tanks used steel, only problem is it was still with a mix of ceramics and plastic, so not sure if i can make it requier steel ya know? If it was possible to make it without it

What do you think about making plastic a resource?

if you were to add steel to tanks it would only be on tanks till ww2 anyway as the anti tank weapons and shells made during ww2 made steel armor obsolete, they could cut through it like a hot knife through butter.

plastic is a good idea for a resource but theres one major problem, EVERYTHING as plastic in it somewhere, ships, planes, tanks, cars etc etc so any unit from say 60s onewards will require it so then it becomes like oil, what are you suppose to do if you dont have it?

New Project!
Plastic Surgery
Replaces your leaderhead :mischief:

See this is what plastic and fuel and steel causes. Everything requires oil right? But what if you dont get oil? In civ its to valuable and rare to trade it correct? And its easy to make sure a civ doesnt get it and then they have no chance to do anything. And if i make it more common it is inacurate and essentially useless.

So now you take fuel, all of a sudden a civ with one oil, and 10 cities, can make 10 fuels. So now everyone has fuel, which is realistic, but the people that actually have the oil get the most benefits since they are teh one making thee fuel, they get the money etc back for it when they trade it. It is a great way for everyone to have it yet keep the advantage to people taht have actual oil. It would be the same for steel and plastic

Also according to wiki your wrong on the steel part, HEAT did put it out of buisness, but only steel alone. According to wikipedia, the top three materials to used in tanks for anti-heat weaponry was plastic, steel and ceramics. They used completely steel plates, but had plasitc and cermaics in between steel plates, which gave it protection against HEAT.

It was invented in the Uk, you should know :p

:cry:
See this is what plastic and fuel and steel causes. Everything requires oil right? But what if you dont get oil? In civ its to valuable and rare to trade it correct? And its easy to make sure a civ doesnt get it and then they have no chance to do anything. And if i make it more common it is inacurate and essentially useless.

So now you take fuel, all of a sudden a civ with one oil, and 10 cities, can make 10 fuels. So now everyone has fuel, which is realistic, but the people that actually have the oil get the most benefits since they are teh one making thee fuel, they get the money etc back for it when they trade it. It is a great way for everyone to have it yet keep the advantage to people taht have actual oil. It would be the same for steel and plastic

Also according to wiki your wrong on the steel part, HEAT did put it out of buisness, but only steel alone. According to wikipedia, the top three materials to used in tanks for anti-heat weaponry was plastic, steel and ceramics. They used completely steel plates, but had plasitc and cermaics in between steel plates, which gave it protection against HEAT.

It was invented in the Uk, you should know :p

well then i guess even i get somethings wrong :p , i wont give up the day job to be a history teacher then, my history teacher would be so ashamed of me right now :cry: lol

haha I wouldnt feel to bad :lol:
if you asked me I would be like uh.... can i check wikipedia? Plus you were right, it did get rid of completely steel tanks, just didnt get rid of steel on tanks

so what do you think about adding Fourteen Points as a project to the game (No I won't make the game say "United Kingdom was wrong" when this is built :p) but it could be interesting, maybe giving everyone an extra long peace treaty?

haha I wouldnt feel to bad :lol:
if you asked me I would be like uh.... can i check wikipedia? Plus you were right, it did get rid of completely steel tanks, just didnt get rid of steel on tanks

so what do you think about adding Fourteen Points as a project to the game (No I won't make the game say "United Kingdom was wrong" when this is built :p) but it could be interesting, maybe giving everyone an extra long peace treaty?

you mean the Fourteen Points that even your own senate refused to ratify :p

Top Bottom