AND Resurrection Team

Please keep telling us how it goes the game, especially in more advanced eras. I have a terrible desire to play the mod with my friends, and I would like to know the current stability of the mod in multiplayer. :)

I'm working on it. I've played with my wife up to early Renaissance with blitz speed, around 300 turns. Then we had to stop due to a repeating OOS that I'm trying to solve with help from C2C team. Also I'd like to make it work with Pitboss but that's causing other problems. Some of these problems might have been solved in K-mod so I'm considering importing some code from there too.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13072376 said:
I'm working on it. I've played with my wife up to early Renaissance with blitz speed, around 300 turns. Then we had to stop due to a repeating OOS that I'm trying to solve with help from C2C team. Also I'd like to make it work with Pitboss but that's causing other problems. Some of these problems might have been solved in K-mod so I'm considering importing some code from there too.

I see that. That damn OOS problem with the galleys.

Thanks for all your effort to make the game playable in multiplayer! :)

Its Joe's birthday today, so H BD. . . .SO

Oh dear, I've seen this post only now... Sorry Joseph, happy birthday 10 days too late... :blush:

Reading this forum mostly from my cell I sometimes miss some post. Sorry again.

Congratulations 45. I have noticed an increasing number of old and new fans of this mod recently and I do believe it's due to your player friendly leadership style as well as your management style that lets your team feel as if they all have the artistic freedom they require. It seems to me that word is spreading that this mod is really starting to be the Civ4 mod that everyone has always wanted.
I hope that you and your fine team will stay together long enough to produce a finished product V1.0 ( YES I know mods are never finished ) To me any thing past V1.0 would be just icing on the cake, and maybe some ice cream too!

Congratulations 45. I have noticed an increasing number of old and new fans of this mod recently and I do believe it's due to your player friendly leadership style as well as your management style that lets your team feel as if they all have the artistic freedom they require. It seems to me that word is spreading that this mod is really starting to be the Civ4 mod that everyone has always wanted.

+1
:goodjob:

I think we need a new, stickied and locked, FAQ thread.
I could ask some admin to take control of that thread to update the first post with most useful answers.
Quite a few stickied threads are ancient Wonders providing double :culture:, and diverting invaders to wend the Labyrinth before properly entering.

Why not un-sticky and allow to sink down the forum, fresh stickies in their place?

Locked FAQ 'w each Q&A on separate post, yes please. It's a proven standard.

Might I suggest dbkblk maintain the download thread, with download links to full installer, updater, svn, and offline tool and significant modmods including their hotfixes in one place? The thread owner might like to reserve the first few posts in case of download alternatives like torrents, links to forks, additional modmods.

This is just my experience and POV as a newcomer. Anyway I'm grateful for the work already done. :)

Yay!

Good to hear! It sort of bothers me that there's those 4 revisions caused by my bungling. I think the repository should be reverted to Vokarya's last and then I can put the CvPlot.cpp and CvModName.py updates correctly.

I'm currently looking into how resource requirements are processed, so I can deliver Vokarya's wishlist on the Omnifactory.

Good to hear! It sort of bothers me that there's those 4 revisions caused by my bungling. I think the repository should be reverted to Vokarya's last and then I can put the CvPlot.cpp and CvModName.py updates correctly.

I'm currently looking into how resource requirements are processed, so I can deliver Vokarya's wishlist on the Omnifactory.

That's ok, I think everything should work now, although I haven't tried. I'm a bit worried that removing that piece of code in CvPlot might cause troubles elsewhere but maybe it won't.

Hi everyone! It has been a very long time since I have been an active member of the community. I got interested in other things and moved on for awhile. But I am back now!

Why am I back? Well, long story short: my gaming computer died and I got a new(ish) one. It was given to me for free. The machine is not terrible, but not up to playing high-end games. This is mostly due to having a potato graphics card. I could just replace it but that's expensive and I am cheap. :lol:

The PC was built by my father-in-law as a toy for him to play with CentOS Linux and therefore didn't have MS Windows installed. I could have purchased (or pirated :smoke:) Windows and went that route, but I also have a soft spot for Linux. I installed Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa and tweaked it to my liking. Then I wanted to do some gaming, so I installed Steam.

I looked through my games list and thought "What can I play that is not graphics intensive but still very cool? Civ IV of course! BTS in particular... And while I am at it, I wonder how Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn is doing?"

As it turns out, you all have been very busy! ROM:AND is still alive and kicking. I put my brain to it and got it working properly in Steam Proton (Steam's new Wine implementation). This was not as easy as I had hoped, but I figured it out. Got a great game going right now as the Willem Van Oranje of the Dutch on a large archipelago map. In the process of getting all the bells and whistles straight for Linux compatibility, I reignited my modding curiosity. Seems that I can't just leave well enough alone. I always just want to tweak the way things work, just a little. :rolleyes:

I'll probably not be super active here on the forum, but I'll be around, goofing off here and there. My modding skills are beyond rusty, but I gotta start somewhere. I think I'll try to update the Chronicles modmod to work with version 1082 first. All those extra civics are very enticing. After that, I am going to look into setting up a C++ IDE for Linux and seeing if I can dig around in the source files a bit. I may create a tutorial for getting the game to work on Linux if anyone is interested.

So anyway, hello AND Resurrection Team! This is jtanner28, former team leader lost in time, now returned and resurrected! :borg:

Welcome back jtanner28! A long time ago I took over the project with Afforess' permission since we didn't hear from you anymore. Long story short, I started merging features from C2C then learned how to code C++ myself. In the meantime Vokarya joined the modding team and he has done almost all the python and xml work while I was taking care of the dll. Chronicles is Zeta Nexus' work, you should talk with him if you wish to work together on it. Let me know if you have any idea about the mod. Right now I think Vokarya and me agree the mod is almost complete. There are still things I'd like to fix especially in MP games, but we don't plan to add other features.

Edit: one thing we might need is someone who can give support for Linux players. Right now I think only IPEX knows how to run the game smoothly under Linux.

Welcome back jtanner28! A long time ago I took over the project with Afforess' permission since we didn't hear from you anymore. Long story short, I started merging features from C2C then learned how to code C++ myself. In the meantime Vokarya joined the modding team and he has done almost all the python and xml work while I was taking care of the dll. Chronicles is Zeta Nexus' work, you should talk with him if you wish to work together on it. Let me know if you have any idea about the mod. Right now I think Vokarya and me agree the mod is almost complete. There are still things I'd like to fix especially in MP games, but we don't plan to add other features.

Edit: one thing we might need is someone who can give support for Linux players. Right now I think only IPEX knows how to run the game smoothly under Linux.

Thanks 45! Yep, I was going to check with Zeta Nexus about Chronicles before I got too deep into it. He may have already started on 1082 compatibility. As far as ROM:AND is concerned, I plan to play through a few games and see how everything flows. I have only found one tiny bug so far and that might be a linux font problem.

I can certainly help out with Linux support! I have the game running like a boss on Linux Mint 19.1, which is based off Ubuntu 18.04. The basics should crossover not just to Ubuntu but probably Fedora, OpenSUSE, Gentoo, etc. Essentially any newer distro. It's not really that hard to do once you become familiar with the file structure of Linux and where Steam hides all its Proton stuff.

Oh dear, I've seen this post only now... Sorry Joseph, happy birthday 10 days too late... :blush:

Reading this forum mostly from my cell I sometimes miss some post. Sorry again.
It is 5 years later. I turn 67 in 2 weeks. So now you have a Heads Up signal! :lol: :mischief:

I hope that young man Alexander (did I remember his name right?) is growing like a weed now. Any more children since then?

And Hello! to jtanner28 as well! :D

It is 5 years later. I turn 67 in 2 weeks. So now you have a Heads Up signal! :lol: :mischief:

I hope that young man Alexander (did I remember his name right?) is growing like a weed now. Any more children since then?

Hello! Looks like I am not the only one who takes awhile to respond. :lol: Good to see you again!

Nice to read you again here Joseph and thanks for the warning :lol:
No more children but Gary is growing quickly ;) and he keeps me busier now than he did 4 years ago. And he loves elephants and crabs on RAND maps. :lol: I hope all is well with you.:)

Top Bottom