Quick Questions and Answers

Not sure if I should ask this here but the IGE game editor is able to turn all any terrain type into the terrain of you liking except for river.Example:If I don't want a lake next to my city I can simply click on IGE and then click on Terrain and change the lake into plains.But I cannot change it into a river . Does anybody else experience this with the IGE?

Rivers are only found on tile borders. River is not a permitted tile terrain type, so a river can't flow through the middle of a tile. You can change rivers (including the direction they flow) in IGE. If you select a tile to edit, you will see the existing river as a tile border on one or more sides of the tile.

Two quick questions:
1. May I connect two my cities via other civ's city? For example road from my capital goes to other civ's city, and from there to my second city. Will I get city connection in my second city? And do I have to have Open borders with that civ?
2. There is a Coliseum in a city with population 2. Will I get +1 Happiness if I build there Stone Works? In other words, Stone Works provide +1 local or global Hapiness?

Thank you!

1. It will connect if and only if you have open borders from that AI
2. The stone works provides local happiness

Crus8r

Quick question on religious pressure. Does it require any contact between the leaders of the cities involved (or even the owner of the religion)? Or could, for example, a religion spread across an ocean before the leaders have met?

Thanks in advance.

Quick question on religious pressure. Does it require any contact between the leaders of the cities involved (or even the owner of the religion)? Or could, for example, a religion spread across an ocean before the leaders have met?

Thanks in advance.
It can definitely spread through oceans that neither of the civs can cross on their own.

Sent from my ZP951 using Tapatalk

While i return to play civ 5 with brave new world expansion i want to ask if there is any total conversion mods which is either fantasy or up to medieval era (no modern units, only archers, swordman and magic if fantasy and also i know about faerun) which is designed for BNW (and the best must have many resources which have many different uses like special buildings or/and units) since i can't seem to find any total conversion mod besides CCTP (which is great but somewhat is lacking).

And my second question maybe not about civ franchise (although it's can also include) but is there similar game to civ5 which has a cultural victory setting (by that i mean some peacefully victory type besides science or some special project type), moddable map sizes and preferable hexes (since what i like about civ 5 and not civ 4 is maps from hexes it's increases potential of gameplay and city borders looks better)

While i return to play civ 5 with brave new world expansion i want to ask if there is any total conversion mods which is either fantasy or up to medieval era (no modern units, only archers, swordman and magic if fantasy and also i know about faerun) which is designed for BNW (and the best must have many resources which have many different uses like special buildings or/and units) since i can't seem to find any total conversion mod besides CCTP (which is great but somewhat is lacking).

S3rgeus and I are currently developing a total conversion mod based on the Wheel of Time books by Robert Jordan. The mod will have new civs, units, technologies, beliefs and social policies, etc., in addition to some new mechanics (e.g. a magic system, a parallel dream world map layer, and an NPC "monster civ").

We still have a ways to go, so it won't be playable for some time. If you want to check out the public development thread, it's here:

S3rgeus and I are currently developing a total conversion mod based on the Wheel of Time books by Robert Jordan. The mod will have new civs, units, technologies, beliefs and social policies, etc., in addition to some new mechanics (e.g. a magic system, a parallel dream world map layer, and an NPC "monster civ").

We still have a ways to go, so it won't be playable for some time. If you want to check out the public development thread, it's here:

Thanks for information, although to be truthful i'm afraid that wheel of time won't make a great mod since (it's important) in books there is only dozen (maybe) different countries with maybe two/three times dozens different cities, so it will be hard for you to create enough flavor to populate huge maps.

And to precise my request what i seek is mod/game which focus on large maps (my current play in civ5 on lakes (160x120 and community patch mod) currently i'm in renassaince and feel like i would end all available researches before end free space on map.

Thanks for information, although to be truthful i'm afraid that wheel of time won't make a great mod since (it's important) in books there is only dozen (maybe) different countries with maybe two/three times dozens different cities, so it will be hard for you to create enough flavor to populate huge maps.
If you consider only the "present-day" countries in the books, there are seventeen. If you consider "historical" nations, it adds around twenty more. You are correct that city-names may be a bit hard to dig up, though all things considered that's a relatively small problem when considering a total conversion mod as a whole.

That said, you're quite right that the mod isn't *specifically* targeting huge maps or anything - we probably won't have more than 12-15 civs at launch, I'm guessing. Hope you find what you're looking for!

Why we have Gandhi for India? And represented opposite his personalty for most of the later part of the game. Of course his importance cannot be undermined in Indian freedom movement but when we have so many monarchs, we ought to have taken someone else.

Great Chandragupta Maurya or Ashoka the great should have been obvious choice. They ruled over almost all of Indian-Subcontinent. Even today, Indian Government official emblem is of Ashoka's and the wheel in Indian flag too is taken from Ashoka's Dhamma Chakra.

Some may even forward name of Akbar the Great, but i would rule out, for he was not a native Indian but an outsider and Even the strongest of the Mughal ruler Aurangzeb could never master South India.

Both tourism and culture are factored in. Read the guide on culture victory if you need more details on how the influence level are defined. Ideological pressure is related on the difference on influence levels.
http://www.carlsguides.com/strategy/civilization5/culturalvictory.php

Unknown 0%, Exotic 10%, Familiar 30%, Popular 60%, Influential 100%, Dominant 200%
For example, if your civ is Popular over civ X, but X is Exotic over you, then overall you have 2 levels of influence over X. Another example, if your civ is Exotic over Y, but Y is Influential over you, then Y has 3 levels of influence over you.

Now you can check the Cultural Victory tab of the Cultural Overview screen. If you mouse over the entries under Public Opinion, they show levels of influence over civs have over you.

Now sum the levels of influence of a different ideology D, and sum the levels of influence of the same ideology with you S. If world ideology is passed, then its corresponding ideology has 2 additional levels. Now calculate the value D-S.
Public opinion will be Content if the value is less than 2, Dissident if it's 2 or 3, Civil Resistance if it's 4 or 5, Revolutionary wave if it's at least 6.

Belated thanks for this response which perfectly answered my question!

Now for today's question: Can anybody think of any reason why I'm not getting a strategic resource (coal) that a city state has whom I allied? It showed up in the city-state screen as one of the resources that they have and I would get access to if I ally them; it has also already been improved (they've built a mine on the coal tile). Yet I'm not getting the resource...

Now for today's question: Can anybody think of any reason why I'm not getting a strategic resource (coal) that a city state has whom I allied? It showed up in the city-state screen as one of the resources that they have and I would get access to if I ally them; it has also already been improved (they've built a mine on the coal tile). Yet I'm not getting the resource...
Might be pillaged. It is no always easy to see.

Sent from my ZP951 using Tapatalk

Are you sure they have the appropriate tech? I think the cs may have to be able to directly access the resource themselves, and they may not have industrialization yet, based on how many other civs have it.

it has also already been improved (they've built a mine on the coal tile). Yet I'm not getting the resource...

If they already built a mine on top of it, they it means they haven't got the tech for it yet. There is a trick around it if there is NO mine already on top of it, you can gift them 200g to improve the resource from the CS menu.

Sometimes barbs attack a city.

What happens if they defeat a city? Is it like civ 1 and 2 where they conquor it?

Top Bottom