Brazilwood camp bonus's

snoochems

Prince
Does the Brazilwood camp get science from the Free Thought SP or the extra gold from the Commerce finisher?

Trying to choose my next civ to play, and would like to know...

... seems with Commerce and Rationalism SP's, normal trading posts would be better.

I understand that with Hotels, the culture from these camps increase Tourism... so, I'll have to weight that up too.

Yes and yes.

When fully upgraded it produces everything accept :c5production:.

I love Brazilwood camps. The only problem is the low production from farming too much of them. I guess the best way to use them would be to rush-buy everything critical in BW camp cities.

There's also the trade route alternative - just have two or three cities pump their production in them!

THanks for the quick responses. Going to start a game now

Necromancy for the benefit of other people googling 'civ 5 brazilwood free thought': I just popped FT as Brazil and it does NOT add anything to BWC's.

Can confirm that brazilwood camp is no longer treated as trading post.
Dunno since when, but my guess will be after the fall patch.

Terrace farms get the civil service and fertilizer bonuses, I see no reason why Brasil shouldn't get the same treatment.

Terrace farms get the civil service and fertilizer bonuses, I see no reason why Brasil shouldn't get the same treatment.

True. The devs might have thought it was OP to have all these mini-Great Barrier Reefs producing all sorts of yields, but remember, Brazil's handicapped for production as it is.

I nuked Brazil and captured Rio de Janeiro last night. When I sent my workers in to clean up the fallout, first they repaired the brazilwood camps, and then swept the fallout. When they swept the fallout, the jungle and the camp disappeared. Is that because I wasn't Brazil and couldn't build a brazilwood camp? (just sounds like a bug to me) Maybe radiation destroys jungle...

I'm gonna reload a save and try building trading posts over the camps and then cleaning them. Also will try cleaning first and then repairing.

^^ Are you sure it wasn’t the nuke that cleared the jungle? That is a pretty common effect. Forests and flood plains can disappear too.

I have definitely gotten to keep Brazilwood camps that I captured with a city.

I'm not sure of anything :) I know it let me repair the BW camp, and it gave me something like 2 culture and 2 gold. Then I clicked the little broom icon and "poof" that camp was gone and the jungle was gone.

So on another tile I clicked the broom first instead of the hammer and it looked like it started removing everything, but I got distracted by a war elsewhere on the map and then the game was over.

You should be able to mouse-over the tile and see if it says jungle or plains. Sometimes the visual presentation is misleading, but I think strategic view will have it correct.

The same thing can happen with a lumber mill on forest. It is pillaged and the forest is gone, and you can repair it, but there is no benefit. You don’t need the nuke, you could just cut down the forest (or the jungle under the Brazilwook camp) for the same effect.

I'm pretty sure the strategic view showed jungle, but I'll have to go back and look again.

I don't use nukes very often. (I *build* one, just for the respect it gets you from the AI's, but I almost never deploy it) But I was playing as the Maya and didn't have the apocalypse achievement yet. So I built up peacefully until the end of bak'tun 12, and then... you know. (Brazil was my 2nd victim, about 10 turns later. I nuked them mainly to take out their nukes because neither of us had fallout shelters yet)

ETA: all the jungle tiles with fallout were now plains. Thanks.

Top Bottom