Europe to India Map (340x200)

i've recently made a alex the great scenario (found in completed scenario section) using the old england to india map by mongol cow. I'd like your permission to update and improve it using your excellent map

I'm trying to load this map into the editor and it won't go. I unzipped it to the conquests scenarios folder. When I click on import in the editor, I get the dialog box and have checked maps and rules, just maps, just rules. I get the same two two errors each time:
"not a conquests scenario file"
followed by:
"some requested BIC data not found" path info "partial import performed"

No map data shows in the editor.

Any ideas?

This is a very good map, but there are a few things I'd like to say. It appears as though both Europe and Asia are tilted, while Africa is straight (in comparison to most maps, Mercator, etc.). Although I suppose that is how you went around showing all of the Arabian Peninsula without showing the entire Sahara (in reality the most southern point of Yemen is farther south than the most northern point of the Niger River, which is about where the Sahara begins to end). Also, shouldn't there be oil placed in the Arabian Peninsula? I think the idea of making the larger rivers into coastal squares is a pretty good idea, but otherwise, this is an excellent map.

Welcome to CFC the_Corvos! I've been using this map and it's a great one even tho its a little slow to play on.

I love this map, for my ancient mod, i enlarged the Nile, Tigris, Euphrates, Rhine, and Indus rivers so that galleys and triremes can sail through(scandanavian barbarians can now pillage faster!), this map is great, i dont think we will find to many "perfect maps' out there. The pnly problem i had was that some civs(in ancient scenario huns and goths) would become very strong because they had so much land to themselves, and the persians are also to busy building and not warmongering.

The solution of course is to have more civs to fill it up!! Have you tried to add the rules and civs from TAM mod to this map? TAM has 31 civs and a new tech tree and lots of goodies.

I have 31 civs in realistic locations, while the mainland europe and mideast regions are crowded, the northeast is empty, what i did was make mountains impassable in the ancient mod, and fill in those areas with mountains.

not as long as 362x362 by a good margin, it depends on your processor speed, i have a 2.0 or something like that and i have to wait about 3-4 minutes in the modern era.

Outside of the Alexander the Great scenario by kuff-dam, are there any other scenarios using this map? It seems perfect for both ancient and modern-day scenarios.

Originally posted by immortals84

I have been using this map for the ancient mediterrainian mod and have found that huge rivers spice up the game a little.

Do you mean Thamis mod? If so I have a few questions for you.

Could anybody reupload this map?
I can't get it because file is missing now.
I wasn't sure that I had it, but as it turns out, I do! Enjoy.

Attachments

• Europe to India (#2) for C3C.zip
    116.6 KB · Views: 325
No problem, I'm just tickled to find that I had it!

You bumped this thread. Look for the date of the last post, and don't reply unless you are reporting a broken link or something along those lines. Welcome to CFC btw :)

You bumped this thread. Look for the date of the last post, and don't reply unless you are reporting a broken link or something along those lines. Welcome to CFC btw :)

There's nothing wrong or against the rules of the forum to bump old threads. Especially since that user was complementing the creator of this wonderful map.

Bumps =/= spam.

Top Bottom