The Myst Thread

Originally posted by Xen
i dont care what it is- the vistas portrayed in are wonderous many times! more then worth the boring, and lolyness one gets out of the game (I'll let Cubes here explain Uru, and the whole interaction of people thing ;)

All right then, yeesh. :p I was just saying I found it kinda cold and dry! I'm sure a lot of other people love it, but I just didn't like it that much.

One of my favorite things with respect to this series of games is its immersive qualities. Don't try to play this game on a run-of-the-mill system - you need a powerful enough CPU to run it smoothly. Also, a decent sound card and decent sized monitor make the experience all that much more enjoyable.

All in all, I've always considered each of the Myst games more like an interactive movie than a typical PC game. The puzzles themselves can vary in difficulty from simplisticly obvious to keyboard-smashing impossible, but the graphics, sound effects and background music can make the game a totally immersive experience.

Uru demo is out! Play it for yourself.

And may I add something to look out for? :D

I did have a chance to play the demo. I was rather impressed with the feeling of realism even with the new 3rd player view (albeit you can change it to first person if you want). Despite how much I enjoyed the previous Myst games, I unfortunately can't play this one - 1st person games with motion literally makes me sick... :vomit: For me, it's too bad most games these days are going this way.

Originally posted by CivCube
Uru demo is out! Play it for yourself.

And may I add something to look out for? :D

if my hard draive ahd the spare memory, i would download it eagerlly, but my computer barelly has 2 GBs left, and on top of that myt sound is broken :(

This probably isn't a good thing. :eek:

Kidding, of course. But you can see how neat the avatar customization is.

Here is yours truly on the demo:

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 127
Free Uru expansion available now!

Don't be alarmed if it "erases" Uru; it's part of the installation process. I should know, I reinstalled the game twice before someone told me. :blush:

I remember I played one of te games a longtime ago. At the time I didnt get it. I Might go back and play it.

I've played and am a HUGE fan of Myst, Riven and Exile... beaten all three... I found Riven the Hardest, and Exile the nicest to play... Myst was kinda scary though....

I'm not a big fan of Uru though, just don't think it's a good idea... Waiting for Myst IV, if it ever comes.

Really digging this Let's Play of Riven. The guys here are pros at thinking things through to a logical conclusion.

Link to video.

Top Bottom