The AI always accepts a white peace.

Sharples

Prince
The AI is seemingly bugged. I think this patch is very much broken. In one of my Immortal games, Greece outnumbers me 5-1 in army troops, declares war on me and tries to take my capital. Five turns into the war they're willing to make a deal on the table.

They will ask for all of my cities.

Simply put, you just need to remove all the cities they ask on the table, and then propose a white peace.

THEY ALWAYS ACCEPT.

It doesn't matter if your army is a single warrior with their army outnumbering you 20 times, if you can survive five turns after they declare war, all you need to do is ask for a white peace and they auto-accept it.

How has this not been noticed? :confused:

What do you mean by "this patch"?

This is true of many trades you can make with the AI. If they approach you or you ask them what they want, they'll often inflate their request. You can usually take all instances of Iron and Horses out for example and they'll agree.

What do you mean by "this patch"?

This is true of many trades you can make with the AI. If they approach you or you ask them what they want, they'll often inflate their request. You can usually take all instances of Iron and Horses out for example and they'll agree.

The current and latest patch I'm on now. In previous patches they wouldn't agree to a white peace if they think they could get a better deal out of the war.

I've never had the AI be willing to negotiate five turns after DOWing me.

Yeah--I'm not sure what it is, but I've always found it to be a dozen turns or more.
And I've never had an AI that totally out-numbered my troops take a white peace deal that early. Even when doing what you did. Maybe 30 turns (and that's after killing lots of his troops).

But games are all different.

p.s.: That must have been a good game. Greece is a pain in the butt when they send a carpet of doom.

I think OP is talking about the fact that if the AI is willing to negotiate peace, they will often propose something like give me all your noncapital cities and we will peace but they will accept a neutral peace treaty for peace treaty (and nothing) else deal.

Basically what's gone wrong here is that:

1. The code for the AI accepting peace is actually on the front end side (in LUA) instead of the back end.

2. At some point after G&K was released it got broken and so the AI always accepts the human removing all demands and getting white peace. (If the AI was willing to negotiate at all.)

3. It appears the symptoms was noticed sometime during BNW as it in situations in which the human was outnumbered greatly increased the number of turns needed before the AI was willing to negotiate at all, but they didn't fix the front end lua.

Yeah--I'm not sure what it is, but I've always found it to be a dozen turns or more.
And I've never had an AI that totally out-numbered my troops take a white peace deal that early. Even when doing what you did. Maybe 30 turns (and that's after killing lots of his troops).

But games are all different.

p.s.: That must have been a good game. Greece is a pain in the butt when they send a carpet of doom.

I think that depends on whether the AI declares war on you as part of an agreement.

But yes this bug has been around for ages, nothing new about it.

Either way the diplomacy is stupid. If you had to hand every city in your Empire over for 10 turns of peace then wtf??? seriously???

Most AIs would just declare war on you again after about 15 turns and take your capital.

The AI always accepting white peace is a known bug. And one that is very easy to fix at that...

If the AI is willing to accept any deal (winning or losing) it will then ALWAYS accept white peace if you propose it.

i refused Russia peace for at least 1.000 years. maybe i just had to remove those rediculious conditions.

I've had this happen to me too, they will make an inflated demand but will accept white peace instead. But if you try to negotiate peace, they rarely accept (if their troops outnumber you). I've had games where I slaughtered large numbers of the AI troops and they just kept refusing peace because they still had the numbers. Numbers mean nothing if you can bottleneck their advance and wipe them out. I didn't mind though - it's even more fun when you have completed the Honor tree and you are getting stupid amounts of gold for killing their units with minumum effort

How has this not been noticed?
As you have now found, it has been noticed for years. It comes up pretty frequently! Sorry that this new information for you!

At some point after G&K was released it got broken and so the AI always accepts the human removing all demands and getting white peace. (If the AI was willing to negotiate at all.)
I am really curious as to when the bug was introduced. The 11/1/2012 (1.0.2.13) patch notes mentions “New peace deals. Now 9 AI levels instead of the previous 5” so that seems the mostly likely candidate. This thread
from 11/11/2013
is the earliest I could find. The OP asserts that BNW shipped (July 2013) with the bug.

Note that the 2K Civ 5 patch notes has 1.0.2.13 at the top, then goes in reverse chronological order until post #16, then with post #17 picks up with patch notes in chronological orders after than. The last set of patch notes is from 10/27/14 for Version 1.0.3.276. Anyone seen any patch notes after that?

I've had this happen to me too, they will make an inflated demand but will accept white peace instead. But if you try to negotiate peace, they rarely accept (if their troops outnumber you). I've had games where I slaughtered large numbers of the AI troops and they just kept refusing peace because they still had the numbers. Numbers mean nothing if you can bottleneck their advance and wipe them out. I didn't mind though - it's even more fun when you have completed the Honor tree and you are getting stupid amounts of gold for killing their units with minumum effort

Ratio of units killed maxes out at a very low value in Civ V. (If you consider the production bonuses the AI gets at high level, it will be clear why)

The primary factor is economic loses and next is ratio of your armies current worldwide strength. (Using the same flawed calculation that underestimates ranged units as the military advisor uses)

Top Bottom