WWF 1993:

WWF 1994:

WWF 1995:

WWF 1996:

WWF 1997:

WWF 1998:

WWF 1999:

WWF 2000:

Putting my longest running TEW game to sleep which went from 1987-2000. Going to try again when TEW 2016 comes out. I took one picture each year of my top guys so you can see how over thirteen years things changed. Yaaay!

Picked up Witcher 3 on Steam sale and loving it so far.
Spoiler for size :

I need to fiddle with the graphics options as I can probably get some more out of my card.

i am crying tears

Like a glove!

By the way here's my city

Spoiler :

It's a complete mess, but at least buildings don't burn down as often as they used to anymore

Surely that roundabout won't work as soon as a moderate amount of traffic need to use it? I try and split my on and off ramps so that they are reasonably far apart or connect them to one way roads. Before then I've ran into several situations where traffic going towards the on ramp would block traffic coming off the highway. The other thing is to give the traffic a few different options so that the AI doesn't direct all traffic through the same junction.

Dell you don't realise how I deal with traffic

1. Traffic is bad
2. Tries to fix it
3. It doesn't help
4. Oh well that's life then
5. Makes more commercial zones

EDIT:

Spoiler :

My district names are pretty stupid

Cities Skylines yes.

I've reread Dell's advise, and I sort of can't understand it, even when I try to

Which bit?

Its a bad idea to have multiple junctions next to each other if they are going to be used by lots of traffic as it will wait at each stop light and this causes backlogs. If you have highway on and off ramps that link the highway to the same road then its generally a good idea to turn it into a one way road otherwise traffic trying to get on to the highway can block cars coming off. An alternative is to have the on and off ramps link to different roads so that the on and off routes do not overlap as much. Also bus routes can get in the way as well.

The other mistake that I tend to make is to only have one route from an industrial zone to a residential zone which means that all that traffic has to go through certain junctions which causes jams. If there are a few different routes then that can help spread the load. I still find that if I build up a new zone there will be a bizarre amount of traffic going to that area for a while which will eventually die down. If there is a traffic jam then it can be helpful to watch where the traffic is going as if its all going to the same destination then it might be worth building a separate highway off ramp that goes to that destination or switch the roads on that route to be one way roads.

Possibly should move the discussion the Cities Skyline thread.

:bump:

what the hell happened to this thread?

Literally the best battle I've had in 80 hours of Rome II. Ambushed by two full stacks, Rome stands victorious this day. Those Equites really proved worth their price (1600 denarii, plus 400 upkeep). I think this is the perfect army composition. 6 Hastati, 4 Principes, 2 Triarii, 2 Roarii, 4 Velites, Medium cavalry and General.

Played as Trump. This was a poor win, since I spent most of my effort on New York, California and Florida
Spoiler :

Did better as Clinton. I wasted some time In Texas that I should have spent on the states around Illinois. It was like just the last two weeks I realised I had forgotten the latter one.
Spoiler :

This one was also kinda interesting in that the exit polls showed more favourability towards Trump on all issues combined

I've been playing Empire Total War as the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and I don't know if I'm getting soft in my old age or what, but the game is a lot better than I remember.

Polish Line Infantry march to the assault.

The Prussian attempts to force the river crossing aren't going too well.

In which Prussians learn that Poland doesn't play nice and uses canister shot.

While no Winged Hussars, a charge by the 1st Lancers does the job quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom