Funny Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. That will help. Did you like my Arabian black hole of doom and suffering (I am saying this so I meet the 10 characters requirement for a post which would of instead just been thanks)?

The Condor said:
Thanks. That will help. Did you like my Arabian black hole of doom and suffering (I am saying this so I meet the 10 characters requirement for a post which would of instead just been thanks)?
Yes, that city was insane, of course you sure did dedicate a lot of your great people into that city, what level was that on?

OG_Pieps said:
The bad thing with the cows... This aren't just cows! Thats baby cows!!!
I am shocked! :eek:
What, you've never had veal?

Here's a weird one: Civ4 has trouble adding up?

Attachments

• ss.JPG
    ss.JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 10,582
Hi all,

I've been wanting to post some screens for a while and this seems to be the thread for it, although they are not necessarily funny.

Usually i play on huge maps with 14 civs and it's quite uncommon to be in sight of an AI's starting capital. Here's the exception. I decided to try and capture London directly. Failed in my first attempt, reloaded, stacked up some more quechuas and succeeded. Turned out to be a very interesting game. By delaying my expansion my capital became cut off from the rest of my empire by egyptian land. Some of the quechua veterans exploring after they captured London captured a very nice barbarian city miles and miles away. I lost the space race on three turns to Asoka, because i wasn't able to build the Space Elevator.

Mountain maps. At first i thought they were too unnatural but after playing some all normal maps seem bland. It's wonderful to discover a hidden fertile valley and to use the terrain to your advantage. Starting positions can be very cruel though. Here's an example. These are the ruins of Mecca, which i only found out in the replaymovie after the game (it was captured by the english strangely enough). I actually placed a late game city on it because on the tile to the NE of the deer appeared the only source of Aluminium nearby.

In my current game i had a starting position like that. Found a decent spot in a couple of turns though. I turned up the level to monarch because you definitely have an advantage over the AI on these maps. Here's a surprise i discovered when the borders of Bactrian expanded. I'm very curious what the next expansion will bring, maybe i'll have to prepare for a hostile invasion. Bactrian, by the way, was a barbarian city besieged by Malinese troops when i passed by with an axeman. The malinese were so kind to thin out the defense to a wounded archer.

Thanks for listening :)

Edit: I'm having a lot of problems with these forums. Keep having to log in and i'm unable to upload properly. Does anyone have an idea what i'm doing wrong?
Edit2: Ok, think i have it sorted out (Panda firewall)

Great Thread! I'm looking for material of my own to post.

But about that unfortunate horse... well I'd like to see you try that with an elephant!

... no seriously, let's see it with an elephant!!!

Secarius said:
That's funneh, but I wonder how many will get it.
That the traditional islamic civ has pigs but won't give them up... kinda ironic... it's like when they found judaism :)

MarcAntiny said:
Yes, that city was insane, of course you sure did dedicate a lot of your great people into that city, what level was that on?

I was on noble: 18 civ duel pangaea with raging barbarians even though I did not see one the entire game game:( (I wonder why:lol:). I of course was one turn from getting a cultural victory when I got a time victory:cry:(Was so close and had never gotten one before[I later nuked Gandhi @$$ back to the Stoneage when I was bored]).

Also, on another note I told my workers to sit or do nothing and neither of the setting made them crouch like that. In addition, did my game save from the bug forums work and clear up any doubts you had this was a fake? I would really like to know if I posted the game save correctly because I wante to take part in some succesion games in the future an I know you have to be good at posting saves and I wanted to know for the billionth time I did it correctly. Thanks.

Also my pic for the day:

I call it "Who let the pigs out? Who?Who?Who?Who?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom