Kerbal Space Program

* Multi-tiered fins

* draggy radial engines

* too skinny

Way too top heavy and the SRB's are putting out too much thrust in the lower atmosphere. It would actually probably be fine if they just turned down the thrust on the SRB stages.

What's an aero scrub?

Oh great professional Rocket Scientist. Please do tell!

lol naw, I try not to compare anything from Kerbal with real rockets. The game is just way too unrealistic for that. So whenever I say that I think something is poorly designed, I am only talking about it being poorly designed for KSP, not for real life. Honestly I wouldn't even try and compare between KSP and real rockets - I wouldn't know where to start.

Edit: And I don't know much more than the rudimentary basics when it comes to real rocket design when it comes down to it, to be honest. All of my experience thus far has been with satellites.

1.1 is out in pre-release on steam.

:eek:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

And the HTC Vive is arriving next week too. Not enough time!!! I will have to quit my job.

Does this mean unity 5?

Yes indeed. Is in pre-release and will go full 1.1 in a few weeks... consider it 1.1 beta that everyone can enter.

Yes it has.

Well it's not quite arrived yet. Still in [prerelease] that you must opt into on Steam and if you're still tied to the Squad storefront you can't have it at all.

It's also got quite a lot of humorous bugs at the moment.

So is it career mode grade yet, or still too many bugs?

:eek:

Boarded the ship successfully?

So I got 1.3 and it crashes if my system is low on RAM resources.

That is seriously annoying. So now I close down everything if I want to play and have my Task Manager open so I can keep an eye on my memory usage.. This is the 64 bit version I am running

Anyone else running into this problem? Last gaming session I had 0 crashes, over a couple hours, likely because my memory was down to 6 GB/16. But the gaming session before that, it was crashing every half hour or so, at incredibly inopportune moments too

I haven't played recently enough to have a useful comment on it. The sad thing is I'm computer-limited at this point; I don't have a machine capable of letting me carry out my grander plans which kills all the fun.

That happens to everybody who plays KSP. Even with a 16 Xenons server.

That happens to everybody who plays KSP. Even with a 16 Xenons server.

So what's the problem? Does it crash once it reaches a certain amount of memory usage?

I've been able to mitigate the crashes somewhat by uninstalling all mods and closing all instances of chrome when I play. I shouldn't have to do that though, I have 16GB of RAM.. which isn't a crazy amount, but KSP will crash when about half of that is free..

It's playable now though, I've only seen one crash over the weekend.. I would prefer to play with better graphics (those were the only mods I had installed), not sure why they dont integrate scatterer and other graphics mods right into the game.. Some of the graphics look so amateurish in the game, you'd think they'd want to polish that up. I haven't played in a while so I fully expected the game to look better when I dove in.. but nope..

I guess for now all I can do is wait for a more stable version, but when something is up to version 1.3 you sort of expect it to be stable..

Should I be running the 32 bit version of the game or something?

Top Bottom