Baldur's Gate II

lol, I remember this game.

Played it while living at a friend's house. We played over modem since the house had two lines with me on my laptop. It was fun, but probably could have been better since the game was designed for single-storymode playing.

Golems are nasty the only things that are worse are Beholders.
You need fighters with a really low AC, they must be hasted and they must have very magical weapons. Surround the golem and defeat it.
Also for bigger golems use scenery to block them,(they can't fit through the gaps).Then use you're nost pewerful long range weapons (The best are the ones like Azuredge(Bernard, Copper Coronet), and Fire Tooth (Dorw merchant in the underdark) because you can throw them and they return to you.)

Happ Hunting :goodjob:

Great game. So was Fallout I and II. I would buy the next Black Isle roleplaying game in a heartbeat.
I always gave Crom Fayr to Anomen. Minsc was already pretty strong and I'd give him a girdle too. Crom Fayr in Anomen's hands turned him into a competant front line fighter. Actually does the same thing to Viconia.

Pain in the ass having to wait through most of the game to make it though.

Staff of Wizardry was the best though. I read an account once where a person soloed the game as a Wizard with this staff. Made for good reading too. Also, he didn't cheat to get it. Unless you count the millions of reloads he probably had to do.

I just got Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. I was just about to post a thread asking if anyone else here played this when I saw this one.

I just started the game and went through the tutorial at the beginning. When I beat the test they had at the end, it threw me into the beginning of the game with the character I had created. I created a neutral good ranger.

Here's a dumb question...at first I was under the impression that I could create all the characters in my party but it only let me create one. Does this mean all my party members will come to me in the game? I can't create my own party from scratch?

-october- :scan:

In normal SP mode, one character is all you get to create. If you want to create them all, play in multi player. Then you can create as many as you like. The one in the first spot is your protaginist though.

For your first time through you may want to just go with the one character. Otherwise you will miss out on many side quests and character interaction. You can still get this in MP if you don't fill up your party will all of your characters. leave some room for NPC's. The more room, the more interaction you will get between them.

Bumping this rather than creating a new thread in the vain hope some might have it still subscribed?

Anyone know anything about the modding community for Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 ?

This is probably the best site regarding modding. It has a forum with the largest modding community i know of. The Tactics mod is my personal favourite.

Ironworks used to be the best community for Baldur's Gate. The archives are filled with great threads about strategies & mods. It used to host the "Ironmodder" challenge in the past. Discussion has slowed down in recent years, but i know of no better forum for all-around BG2 talk.

Cool cheers Till, once my exams over i am treating myself to the full set and i'll dive right in :)

I was playing it, but my party kinda deserted me for killing a woman because she made a comment on men being inferior or something....

however I killed a few other people while trying to escape

I played a little bit of it.

It was boring and hard to get into.

I love that game .... IMO the best RPG game ever.

I finished BG1 BG2 and the throne of bhaal expansion.

No idea on modding though.

Hints and tips available here ! :D

not sure how you found it hard to get into...

Top Bottom