Europa Universalis IV

I've been playing the EU3 demo. How do you move troops over water? If I have 1000 troops in Portugal, how do I get them to a colony? How do I get my conquistador to accompany them or do they move alone?

Thanks.

You highlight a port with transport ships, and right-click to move it out to a sea province. Then select land units and right-click on the sea province which has the transport ships. However, you can't move more troops than the transport ships can carry, and they can carry one regiment each (e.g. If you have 5 transport ships, you can carry up to 5 regiments of soldiers)

Also keep a close eye on your ships when moving them over the atlantic or into terra incognita. It's very easy to lose them if you aren't careful.

You highlight a port with transport ships, and right-click to move it out to a sea province. Then select land units and right-click on the sea province which has the transport ships. However, you can't move more troops than the transport ships can carry, and they can carry one regiment each (e.g. If you have 5 transport ships, you can carry up to 5 regiments of soldiers)
Ah... I had to zoom in to see the ports. I'll try that. How do you combine and separate ships and regiments into and from armies and fleets?

Ah... I had to zoom in to see the ports. I'll try that. How do you combine and separate ships and regiments into and from armies and fleets?

Move them all into the same tile, and then click the icon of the two arrows pointing at each other on the navy popup.

Move them all into the same tile, and then click the icon of the two arrows pointing at each other on the navy popup.
I think that is turned off in the demo. :( And you cannot save games so every time I exit I have to start over. I guess i should just buy it.

Or get the "free" version beforehand so you know if you want to actually buy it.

Make sure to buy Chronicles and not Complete - Paradox isn't very good at labelling their products. :p

I think that is turned off in the demo. :( And you cannot save games so every time I exit I have to start over. I guess i should just buy it.
Might as well, the game is quite cheep. Not bad for one of the greatest strategy games ever.

Or get the "free" version beforehand so you know if you want to actually buy it.

Make sure to buy Chronicles and not Complete - Paradox isn't very good at labelling their products. :p

That was because Paradox wasn't sure they'd make more expansions after IN.

I did. I am enjoying the struggle to learn to play it without being beaten too soon. My best success is playing Castille in the New World scenario.

Don't worry, soon enough you'll be clown-stomping the opposition and building the new world order.

@ Birdjaguar

I learnt alot by watching ShinEmperors Ottomans LP. He does a good job of explaining what he's doing and usually talks about interesting things.

First Dev Diary is out, and Dynamic Historical Events are in.

@ Birdjaguar

I learnt alot by watching ShinEmperors Ottomans LP. He does a good job of explaining what he's doing and usually talks about interesting things.
Thanks; I started watching his videos. In a game as Castile, I have a PU with Aragon, but it appears that they are in charge and i cannot declare war, so they are conquering America and not me. :( I'm not sure how that happened or what I can do. I have the Caribbean though.

Thanks.

Two other issues:

No religious tolerance sliders appear on my religion screen.

Every time I get a settler, it almost immediately disappears. They do not accumulate. This happened even before I selected Quest for the new world idea. They year is 1450 and I have conquered the Muslim provinces and Valencia and Arragon. Is there some kind of settlement policy i could have selected early on? If so, how do I rescind it?

Click on where the red arrows are pointing, then click on one of the province decisions (shown by the purple arrow) which repeals the Settlement Policy. What the decision does is shown if you mouse over it.

Religious Tolerance is decided by Government type (it's increased if you're a Republic AFAIK), Legitimacy, National Ideas (Ecumenism, Humanist Tolerance and Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité), certain Religious Decisions (Declaration of the Indulgence Act and Coventile Act for Catholics and Test Act for Protestants) and a few country-specific decisions - If you form Spain, you get to make the Establish the Spanish Inquisition decision, for example.

Click on where the red arrows are pointing, then click on one of the province decisions (shown by the purple arrow) which repeals the Settlement Policy. What the decision does is shown if you mouse over it.

Religious Tolerance is decided by Government type (it's increased if you're a Republic AFAIK), Legitimacy, National Ideas (Ecumenism, Humanist Tolerance and Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité), certain Religious Decisions (Declaration of the Indulgence Act and Coventile Act for Catholics and Test Act for Protestants) and a few country-specific decisions - If you form Spain, you get to make the Establish the Spanish Inquisition decision, for example.
Thanks, but if such a decision is made, can it be undone? do they expire? Is there a list of such decisions that have been made?

Top Bottom