I am creating a computer game (horror adventure) :)

Kyriakos

Creator
Update, 9/7 :)

Link to video.

Intro part video & original score composed for the game :)

One of the rooms wip: (interface is placeholder, some sprites are just there for editing purposes ;) )

Btw, FINALLY my Essex uni diploma has found a use...

The game's plot is centered on one or two of the stories in my recently published book. I am making the graphics myself (with 3d modelling programs, ie Blender currently).

You can comment, and if you also happen to know about indie horror games you could give advice as well, on anything... I write somewhat horror (in reality dark psychological) literature, so the plot is something i can do on my own. Using AGS to build the game :)

Will it be point and click? My girlfriend is a fan of those types of games, as well as horror movies. I will follow this project just because of that. Besides, your graphics are always of high quality anyway :)

You might want to check out the Game Jolt website. It's filled with so many indie games of all colors and shades. And ofc, whatever is out there that you can pull up in a search for research on indies online can provide useful info (I don't recall any other particular site atm, sorry)

Thank you both :D (yes, it is point and click, but the character you control won't be visible-- so as to scare you more ;) )

Currently i am only creating the rooms, and then will have to create cut-scenes and/or zoom-ins of parts of those rooms.

Of course the colors will change as well, but i will worry about that once all the rooms are ready and in renderable state... ;)

Kickstarter and similar is awesome with funding indie games, particularly horror ;)

Anyway, did some more work, it will be a 3d environment game, likely (engine-wise) a cross between Penumbra and Scratches (but far closer to the latter, despite physics enabled)

Thanks! :D

Well: (ETA for the beta demo is something like 1-1,5 months -- depending on what coding i might need...)

Still on demo-creation (rooms and items currently) + plotline done of course..

Any suggestions? (virtually placeholder lighting, and the item window is entirely placeholder)

^While the skins are placeholder (to be more precise, those aren't skins currently; they are not UV-mapped but Blender generated textures/colors) i am toying with the idea of having some grainy effect due to the mood of the game (horror). :)

Also i am not set on whether the demo itself will be full 3d or a progression of renders of 3d. It likely will be both (it will obviously have animation too, which is crucial for the demo plot).

One idea is to go full 3d (not as in a FPS but as in the horror adventure Scratches, ie with cut-scenes and immobile ultra-zoom) for the demo, but another is to have a more basic "x1,x2,x3,x4 key allows you to animate/move set stable distance Y to direction A,B,C,D".

I am mostly going for mood. Actual 3d movement in real time isn't hard with the programs i am using to make this, and the cut-scenes will be 3d animation films anyway. ;)

(scene not rendered, obviously) Looks innocent enough, but still fishy :eekdance: (don't worry, the pun won't be in the game :D I only think of using the fish statue to have the narrator recollect a line by Heraklitus, "sea water is purest and vilest; drinkable and the salvation of fish, undrinkable and the demise of humans".

Wip of the living room, with some allusion to Paul Klee's "The Goldfish"

Why would there be 2 wall lamps literally a foot apart?

I think making the pictures grainy is a good call since it stylizes appropriately to the genre and offsets the demand from your 3D skills. Your models are fine and dandy but I'm very sure making it grainy is an easy way to make it look more professional.

Yes, it is. It can be non-grainy, but then it should be very stylised (and takes more time, let alone that i am not mainly a graphical artist in the first place ;) ).

Hm, what do you think of this version of that room?

Top Bottom