PolyCast Episode 253: "Super Effective"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Dare said. The two-hundred-and-fifty-third episode of PolyCast, "Super Effective", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Stephanie "Makahlua" and Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew with returning guest co-hosts Lisa "qnl" Bang, a former regular, and Brandon "bcaiko" Keith Hallmark. It carries a runtime of 59m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 02m48s | Forum Talk
What to glean from from Civilization V's combat indicator, vying for favourite era in the game (18m38s) and connecting the Unique Unit of a civilization to game era and difficulty level (29m02s).
- 37m08s | Theatre
Into space, rage declaration and troll effort are the themes of recounted CivV gameplay experiences of late.
- 45m32s | Open Mic
Too good or situationaly good is a point of contention on feedback for Episode 252.
- 48m16s | Miscellaneous
Chasing the Civilization V cursor on load screens and praise be the game (50m08s).

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Edged out, out maneuvered and getting out run.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production recording live every other Saturday throughout the year, in an ongoing effort to give the Civilization community an interactive voice; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding, TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

My boyfriend just listened to the podcast and announced everyone who said Renaissance is the best era is correct. Also, it's difficult to spell.

My boyfriend just listened to the podcast and announced everyone who said Renaissance is the best era is correct. Also, it's difficult to spell.

I still don't get the high-pitched "Renaissance" that Dan always says and Mykahlua loves so much. I'm assuming it's in reference to . . . something . . . but I'm clueless as to what.

I still don't get the high-pitched "Renaissance" that Dan always says and Mykahlua loves so much. I'm assuming it's in reference to . . . something . . . but I'm clueless as to what.

I'll have to add that one to the Maki/Mackie/Makie/Makahlua/Magenta/Mackey spelling database :D.

As for the origins of that term, the rule is that it doesn't matter and anytime you hear it you have to punish Dan. Cruel and unusual Shaka preferred, but anything cruel or unusual or anything Shaka will do in general depending on what you have on hand.

I'll have to add that one to the Maki/Mackie/Makie/Makahlua/Magenta/Mackey spelling database :D.

Well Kahlua is coffee flavored after all, and we know how Makahlua feels about her favorite caffeinated beverage.

:yup:

As for the origins of that term, the rule is that it doesn't matter and anytime you hear it you have to punish Dan. Cruel and unusual Shaka preferred, but anything cruel or unusual or anything Shaka will do in general depending on what you have on hand.
No, Phil.

:D

Top Bottom