[Game Open] [BtS] Archipelago/Standard/Normal [Need 4-6 players]

Scienidez

The creative one
Game Closed, Game Started.

UPDATE: PBEMTracker game Re-Createded: Civ4_scie
Game Speed has been Updated to Normal Only, none voteable, request by Bathsheeba
Players must now sign up on PBEMTracker.

Game Setup:
PATCH: 3.19 BTS
Map: Archipelago
Size: Small/Standard [5 Players = Small] [6-7 Players = Standard]
Climate: Temperate

Era: Ancient
Speed: Normal
Difficulty level: [Voteable] [Default: Monarch]

Serious players only, game can easily take a year to complete. So take that into consideration before signing up.
Can only tolerate 2-3 days of waiting time for each player to send their game. (If EACH 6 players do this, a savegame will take 10-15 days to come back to a player again) So swift players please.
Players must check emails daily, and have time to take the turn and send it back, the same day. Players should be disciplined to check each day.
Vacation time is permitted, but it must be posted here at Civfanatics in order for others players to not give up on the game.
The First 10-20 turns, players must report to this spread that they have send the game forward, so other players, including myself can track the whereabouts of the game.
If these conditions cannot be meet, players will be exchanged.

This is needed for you, when signing up.
1. Choose you CIV (First gets the civ he/she wants)
2. Write your GMT (so I can place a good Turn Order) (Greenwich Mean Time, England)
3. Look below for the vote-able options, if none is made it will be the default as described in ( ).
4. Send your Email, in Private to me (to arrange Turn Orders, your email will only be sent to the player before you, so he can send his/her turn to your, and you will receive an email to the player in your next turn).
5. Join PBEMTracker, PM me for password. Gamename is: Civ4_scie

Starting Options:
Vote: Tech Trading on/off? [TechTr OFF: 2] [Tech ON:1] - [default is off] Final Vote is: Tech Trade Off
Vote: Tech Brokering on/off? [TechBr OFF: 1] [TechBr ON: 2] - [default is on] Final Vote is: Senseless
Vote: Random Effects on/off? [RndEffects ON: 0] RndEffects OFF: 1] [Neutral: 2] - [default is off] Final Vote is: Off
Vote: Difficulty Level [2: Monarch] [Noblel: 1] [default is Monarch] Final Vote is: Monarch

Players in game, and in that order
5/5 Players found.

Scienidez [Dutch - Willem Van Oranje ] [GMT +1] [Denmark] [Confirmed Ready] [Voted: Off/On/Off/Monarch]
Bathsheeba666 [Pick Civ][GMT GMT+0] [Email Received][Joined PBEM]
Mitiu_Ioan - [Inca - Huayna Capac] [GMT+2]
hercules90 [Greek - Pericles] [GMT -5] [Email Received] [Joined PBEM] [Voted: Off/Off/Neutral/Noble] - [Nighthawk419 retired]
Scienidez - [Carthage - Hannibal] [GMT -5] [Email Received] [Joined PBEM] [Voted: On/On/Neutral/Monarch] - [Eclipse4449 retired]

I would be interested in this.....however....

1)
If you go for marathon, this game will take several years, not one.
If it is marathon, I withdraw right now.
Normal is normal, I think even epic is a push for a new set of players.

2)
Are you willing to require that everyone signs up for pbemtracker ?
That way, it is always clear who has the save if a hold up occurs without having to ping everyone.
And the save is always available without pinging people if an email goes astray.
And, once the game is no longer new, people stop posting gps...and then it starts....

Scienidez I like your opening post organizational skills, it reminds one of my own org skills with setting up a game! Therefore I am in!

My votes:

Tech trading and brokering all off.
Random Events - abstain
Difficulty - does it matter if there are no AI?

I am from East Coast USA, GMT -5, can play turns normally between 6pm-11pm local time, occasionaly first thing in the morning if its super quick/early in the game.

Edit: I'll take Pericles of Greece

Actually yeah :) We will all get the "Population Limit" before City Disorder, depending on the difficulty :) So absolutely :)

ill update the front Screen :)

Thats true I guess. My vote is for Noble then (I think Noble is the non-adjusted pure Civ level... anything above is is adjusted to make it purposely harder).

And I only vote for Noble because its hard enough as it is to do anything in ancient era with a cap of 4 pop, essentially 3 if you whip. Making the difficulty worse is just ridiculous imo. but I will play no matter the difficulty setting.

Can you please make sure that the game name is something that will be allowed as a folder name in windows ? - because the current name is full of disallowed characters.

Not sure about this, but you might also have to set up a new name in pbemtracker to tie in with the above change.

Can you please make sure that the game name is something that will be allowed as a folder name in windows ? - because the current name is full of disallowed characters.

Not sure about this, but you might also have to set up a new name in pbemtracker to tie in with the above change.

Check, ill handle that, first time on the PBEMTracker, need to know the basic :)
Ill rename it :)

Check, ill handle that, first time on the PBEMTracker, need to know the basic :)
Ill rename it :)

It seems the PBEMTracker can't be renamed.. i recevied the error message, that explains that a name of that game already exist, no matter how obscure name i chose..

Either we find a way to fix it, or we make a new PBEMTracker game?
New ´Tracker Game?

It seems the PBEMTracker can't be renamed.. i recevied the error message, that explains that a name of that game already exist, no matter how obscure name i chose..

Either we find a way to fix it, or we make a new PBEMTracker game?
New ´Tracker Game?

Just think of a cool name that will be seen on every turn. Then create a Tracker for it.
The writer of that program players here, he can delete the original Tracker

joined the new PBEM tracker game.

so we are limited to small map limit, but with 7 players? Isnt that going to be a little tight? or am i wrong here?

oh ok i was confused... no need to rush with it, im not in any big hurry. I generally prefer more players than less, but dont want to hold everything up. pick a launch date whenever works for you and go with what youd like.

Joined tracker

Are we posting our GPS to Player here?

Oh sorry Eclipse, the link i sent you was to the wrong PBEMTracker, my first time setup was not very good, so i made this one instead..

http://www.pbemtracker.com/game.php?gameID=133 Same Passcode :)

Well, i not familiar with the PBEMTracker, on how it works, i would think the Tracker can handle the job? Any comments on this?

And Finally...
Im thinking of closing up the game and start with us four players.. And put a a timelimit :)
So if you guys will Send me the last info :)
Bathsheeba Time zone? And i guess no written civs, will be Random? :)
And then we are set :)

Ill Set the last deadline to Thursday 20:00 (GMT+1) sorry unfamiliar with AM/PM..

Regards Scienidez

Top Bottom