Announcing BUFFY

BUFFY is BtS only!

Sure it is. My problem is not with BUFFY but with HOF1.74.004.

I have just upgraded BTS to 3.19, installed BUFFY and installed HOF1.74.004. Everything is working fine in BTS. No interface in Vanilla.

Shouldn't I be posting here? I did a quick search of no-interface problems and it's in this thread where they were mentioned.

oh sorry Jususin - this is a BUFFY thread. You'll need to post in the HOF thread about no interface in 1.74.004 However, that problem is typically a python error somewhere so turn on logging and see if any python errors are generated. There should be a thread here about turning on python logging.

oh sorry Jususin - this is a BUFFY thread. You'll need to post in the HOF thread about no interface in 1.74.004 However, that problem is typically a python error somewhere so turn on logging and see if any python errors are generated. There should be a thread here about turning on python logging.

Ok, no problem, thank you very much.

I have a BUFFY question. I'd like to be in the credits TAB. I'd offered to do translations to Spanish, but I never got much real work handed. Is there still an opportunity for me?

I have a BUFFY question. I'd like to be in the credits TAB. I'd offered to do translations to Spanish, but I never got much real work handed. Is there still an opportunity for me?
I would have to say YES to that one. Let me check with the other BUG members (in particular the translators).

Help! I cant work out how to get BUFFY and BAT to run at the same time.

BAT 2.0 includes everything in BUFFY except Global Warming Mod, and of course you cannot use it to submit HOF / xOTM games.

BAT 2.0 includes everything in BUFFY except Global Warming Mod, and of course you cannot use it to submit HOF / xOTM games.

Oh, even the unofficial patch dll? I see BUFFY says it contains the latest Unofficial Patch, but I don't see that in the BAT 2.0 release notes.

Oh, even the unofficial patch dll? I see BUFFY says it contains the latest Unofficial Patch, but I don't see that in the BAT 2.0 release notes.

Yes, it contains BULL which has the Unofficial Patch fixes.

Has anyone else problems with loading saved games ?

It just doesn't happen, comp crashes every time. As much as I like the nifty little toys, the game is worthless that way. :-(

Has anyone else problems with loading saved games ?

I'm playing a real (non-test) game using BUFFY now, and I've stopped and loaded it later more than a few times now.

It just doesn't happen, comp crashes every time. As much as I like the nifty little toys, the game is worthless that way. :-(

Are you saying that you start a new game using BUFFY but when you double-click one of those saves it crashes? What about loading using CTRL + L in-game or using the LOAD GAME menu?

Does your entire computer crash or just BTS?

When having played already and then loading a game (either manually or quickload), I see the loading screen, the cursor will change from the BTS globe one to windows version at about one third of the loading bar, and then CTD one second later.

However, starting Buffy and then loading a game works perfectly, so the save games are not corrupt. (Well, almost, even loading a 4000 BC saved game does not have the "regenerate world" option.)

BTW, it's Win7 RC Build 7100, but this should not matter, as the plain BTS has no problems at all.

Hi guys. I've got the MOD wqorking jsut fine - great work!

However, it says my games aren't HOF compatible cause I haven't got the MOD installed in my Steamapps folder :crazyeye: It's in my My Games folder in My Docs :confused:

Is it possible to convert a non-BUFFY saved game to a BUFFY one? My understanding was that the two are compatible, but obviously loading BUFFY as a mod does not directly support loading un-modded saved games.

However, it says my games aren't HOF compatible cause I haven't got the MOD installed in my Steamapps folder :crazyeye: It's in my My Games folder in My Docs :confused:
I am pretty sure it needs to be installed as a mod under the 'prog files' directory.

Is it possible to convert a non-BUFFY saved game to a BUFFY one? My understanding was that the two are compatible, but obviously loading BUFFY as a mod does not directly support loading un-modded saved games.
Yes, but it does involve some mucking about. Open your game under the non-modded version, enter WB and save as a WB file. Start BUFFY and select 'play a scenario', then select the save that you created above. This loads up your game as you had it but a whole bunch of counters are reset (Great Person counter, GG counter, AI tech trade counters, etc).

Is there any way to play BUFFY with BM?

Is there any way to play BUFFY with BM?
I play my HOF games with BM no problems. In BUFFY's case, create a BM only customassets and play BUFFY games with that loaded.

Top Bottom