(Dumb Question) Do forts in your territory provide bonus to enemy units?

Athenaeum

Prince
If so they might make me reevaluate their usefulness...but also might make me hold more value towards the Roman Legion.

I am still unclear regarding the pillage mechanic for forts. They disappear (rather than being damaged) and maybe they disappear just from having an enemy end move on them? Do you get gold from pillaging an enemy fort? What about forts in neutral territory?

Forts do not disappear when pillaged or when occupied by an enemy unit. When pillaged, they can be repaired. If you are seeing what appear to be disappearing forts in game, it must be a graphical glitch. Mouse hover the tile; it should say the fort is damaged. Pillaging a fort (like any other improved tile, unless the only improvement is a road or railroad) will provide some bit of gold.

I have enjoyed my share of graphical glitches, but I am sure I have had forts disappear and not just merely be pillaged. Not that I build them much, but not too long ago I had forts on either side of a citadel in a mountain pass, so I was pretty pleased with myself! The AIs do not seem to build them much, so the natural opportunities to test do not often manifest.

Anyway, the next time it happens I will try to remember to document it and post to the forum.

Forts do not disappear when pillaged or when occupied by an enemy unit. When pillaged, they can be repaired. If you are seeing what appear to be disappearing forts in game, it must be a graphical glitch. Mouse hover the tile; it should say the fort is damaged. Pillaging a fort (like any other improved tile, unless the only improvement is a road or railroad) will provide some bit of gold.

Does pillaging the fort heal your unit? Also do forts built in neutral territory give combat bonus to enemy units?

Top Bottom