is this game winnable?

What do you mean by 'expo'?

This is driving me nuts. What does expo mean? I keep seeing it used here and there, but never defined anywhere. As best as I can tell, it seems like a synonym for "city"? But then, why not just say city.. it must imply something different than a city?

I would also like an opinion on whether the game I'm playing is winnable. I posted the save file below (hopefully). The goal is domination in Deity, but I fear America has become too big for me to handle in time. (And that I'm pretty late since he started taking out Kammy)

Attachments

• Bismarck_0277 AD-1814.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
I would also like an opinion on whether the game I'm playing is winnable. I posted the save file below (hopefully). The goal is domination in Deity, but I fear America has become too big for me to handle in time. (And that I'm pretty late since he started taking out Kammy)

I'm no expert, and not a warmonger in the first place, but it doesn't look too good IMHO. Your empire is broke and unhappy, you don't have much of a tech lead, and America's military is 3 times the size of yours.

Some quick things I noticed to fix the broke and unhappy issues:
- sell all your excess resources ASAP (5-7 gpt for luxuries, 1-2 gpt for strategic). i was able to bring in about 35 gpt despite 2 civs hating your guts.
- build colosseums everywhere, then circus maximus. that should put you back into positive happiness.

Good luck!

Zoos also become useful for the happiness issue. As for technology, build universities and get scientists in there to get more research. National college is also a good start. Do these things with food caravans, too. Try to grow populations and keep them happy.

1 trick to deal with late game CV is to beeline radio (which is good in a lot situations itself) and propose International games. Tourism output before Internet/hotels/airports is very little at this point in the game, so increasing it by 100% isn't that much. It's safer than a late game international games which could consolidate a CV.

Also, proposing the world fair late game will help to battle a late game CV power.

I've never seen world fair or international games not get voted in.

Tourism output before Internet/hotels/airports is very little at this point in the game, so increasing it by 100% isn't that much. It's safer than a late game international games which could consolidate a CV.

Very clever!

Also, proposing the world fair late game will help to battle a late game CV power.

Brilliant, with both of these, winning isn't necessary! Even if the late game CV power wins a late World's Fair, since culture has 10x the tourism defense, they will still be relatively farther from CV!

I've never seen world fair or international games not get voted in.

I have been in the habit of always proposing both ASAP, as they help with diplo and my effort is usually competitive. But I see that your way is much more strategic!

Top Bottom