Post patch warmongering

khaciv

Chieftain
Hi all,

the new patch changed the warmonger penalties by era (50% of normal strength in Ancient up to 90% in Industrial; 100% thereafter).
-Does this mean the 'world's' era (when the majority of the civs have reached a certain era) or your own personal era?

The penalties for warmongering vs. City-States are halved.
-Does this make workerstealing even more viable? Can u DOW multiple City-States without getting permanent negative influence?

Also, are denunciation, DOW-ing and capturing cities the only warmongering penalties and do they all scale with this patch?

In general, do u think early wars are more viable?

I only played 2 games on immortal post patch and both times went tradition 2/3 city NC -> capturing 2 extra city's wich actually didnt screw my diplomacy for the rest of the game.

Yes, they are more viable. My play style before hand was to do it anyway and 'to hell with the consequences', but now I'm helped out by the consequences being not all that bad.

As an example, in a recent game I DoW'ed 3 AIs and took their capitals before I reached the Renaissance, and when the Industrial came around, nobody minded that much anymore. I always prefer to steal workers and settlers from AI rather than CS anyway.

What you found on Immortal holds for Deity, if not more so, since on Deity they are warring more erratically with each other, so well-timed denouncements can boost your diplo even more.

If you DoW more than 1 CS in a given time period, you still get a permanent drop, but frankly, it's usually only one or 2, and remember, if you meet the CS before you meet any AI, and it's religious or militaristic, you have a free DoW, a free source of workers, and a free XP farm. It's better than the best goody-huts, IMO.

Give it a try, but I think you still lose meeting gold and will see drop in CS influence resting point with second DOW, regardless of era.

...Does this mean the 'world's' era (when the majority of the civs have reached a certain era) or your own personal era?...
I suspect it's the civ in question's era as warmonger hate is calculated for each civ you have met.

...Also, are denunciation, DOW-ing and capturing cities the only warmongering penalties and do they all scale with this patch?...
You only accrue warmonger score, which translates to warmonger hate for DOWing and capturing cities. I suspect the warmonger score is unaffected but the hate that's calculated is affected by the patch.

That's a big difference. The decay for warmongering score is virtually zero.

That change wasn't enough to change my playstyle any, so I haven't noticed.

Top Bottom