Quick Questions and Answers

In Civ5, you only need to conquer the capitals. Or make sure that a warmongering neighbor conquered the capital of a smaller AI, and then you take theirs.

Actually, in BNW they closed that "domination proxy loophole" - you have to personally hold all the capitals now.

im playing morocco, and im ahead a little tech wise and number 1 in all demographics including military. i have 5 cities in south america and darius to north east has 2 and japan nw has 3 but aside from a complaint about my 5th city from japan the whole world is friendly aside from boudicca and assyria who are neutral mainly i think cos im friendly with both and they just finishhed fighting each other...and the love in is beginning to make me paranoid. is it because of settler difficulty or the fact i must have a giant military compared to the rest? or are they all just getting ready to backstab? korea in north america is growing still and has to be close to getting me off number one in area

I am Portugal, swimming in endless gold, and buying everything I want :lol I'm in a Standard continents map, in Prince difficulty. So at my northeast is Atilla, and in my east is Shaka and in my south is Gajah Mada, and Atilla and Shaka are both neutral/friendly to me, I just want to know if this is normal, because I'm kinda shocked lol

I am Portugal, swimming in endless gold, and buying everything I want :lol I'm in a Standard continents map, in Prince difficulty. So at my northeast is Atilla, and in my east is Shaka and in my south is Gajah Mada, and Atilla and Shaka are both neutral/friendly to me, I just want to know if this is normal, because I'm kinda shocked lol
It's not like warmongers can't become your friends. The thing is, most of them tend to be deceptive, but iirc Shaka is the exception - he is one of the most straight-forward AIs in the game, so his friendship should be genuine. Atilla is deceptive, but he won't actually attack you if you keep a stronger army. If you are separated from them by sea then you should be fine.

We're Neighborhoods :lol: :D But thanks for the help! :D But I think he attacked Theodora on the other continent, so I'm calm right now!

It's not like warmongers can't become your friends. The thing is, most of them tend to be deceptive, but iirc Shaka is the exception - he is one of the most straight-forward AIs in the game, so his friendship should be genuine. Atilla is deceptive, but he won't actually attack you if you keep a stronger army. If you are separated from them by sea then you should be fine.

Oda and Genghis are very loyal to allies too. I can't remember a recent game when Mongolia hasn't been a lifelong friend.

Oda and Genghis are very loyal to allies too. I can't remember a recent game when Mongolia hasn't been a lifelong friend.

dido is much more dangerous than oda, genghis and atilla combined.
Atilla actually became a real friend in one of my games. No backstabs. Dido on the other hand -.-

if u play 22 civs giant world map like me, good luck.

even on a 22 (or even more) player map a domination victory is possible as long as you make sure not every AI turn against you while you warmongering if it's the easiest or not i don't know but very possible indeed

How can I get out of unhappiness, gold deficit, and a research halt? I expanded a couple of settlers to create a perimeter and then Napoleon declared war on me so I conquered and puppeted 2 or 3 of his cities but now my people are livid, I have no gold and no science and I can't found another city because of it to hook up a new luxury resource. What can I do?

The unhappiness, gold deficit, and research halt are all temporary effects of conquering cities. It takes about 1 turn per pop size for cities to come out of resistance. Look for unhappiness to slowly improve each turn. This can especially be a problem when your are gifted a couple large cities as part of a peace deal.

How can I get out of unhappiness, gold deficit, and a research halt? I expanded a couple of settlers to create a perimeter and then Napoleon declared war on me so I conquered and puppeted 2 or 3 of his cities but now my people are livid, I have no gold and no science and I can't found another city because of it to hook up a new luxury resource. What can I do?

Sell those cities? Trade away any surplus luxes? How far is the next social policy and could the next one help with happiness? Do you have a religion with happy making stuff in it?

Sell those cities? Trade away any surplus luxes? How far is the next social policy and could the next one help with happiness? Do you have a religion with happy making stuff in it?

The next policy isn't far away if I remember correctly. I have no luxuries to sell, and I don't even have writing yet to be able to trade some things. I have no religion to speak of to help either. I'm stuck in limbo right now.

If you can't afford the upkeep on your conquests (gold, happiness, or otherwise) burn them to the ground. Problem solved, especially if you're a now-dead citizen of one of those cities.

Do Firafix developers or programmers read this forum? Was there a time when someone pop in and said something?

Do Firafix developers or programmers read this forum? Was there a time when someone pop in and said something?

Firaxis devs most definitely do read these forums from time to time, especially since some of them are former active Civ modders from this community. They do not comment on things all that often here, leaving such interactions to their official company forums.

Top Bottom