Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Fist of all I want to say that is a great mod. But only problem is this mod conflict with Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=494538). I really don't want to choose between this two. Is there any way you can make this mod compatible version of Civ5 Enhanced User Interface! Again thanks for this awesome mod. @bc1

I can't replicate the bug yet. I'm trying to find when the bug happens, so I'm auto-saving on every turn, in my current playthrough - the bug has already taken place. I thought re-verifying civ5 on steam and reinstalling the mod would fix it, but it made the bug happen on turn 2. So if you need that logfile, I can post it.

I found a temporary solution, the extra info (Tip #2) will show up when you are in a city screen, so then you are able to scroll around all over the world to get ToolTip #2 to show up. But once you close the city screen, ToolTip #2 doesn't show up for any area that isn't under your control.

If anybody has the previous version of the mod, I'd love to test that as well. I'm here to help where I can.

Thanks.

I don't think this is a bug (working as intended), but I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it. Anyway, I noticed I am seeing #2 info outside my territory. A little experimentation revealed that when a worker is selected (possibly any citizen) I see this information. Hope that is useful.

Hey. Question: mod compatibility: does the interface work with communitas mods? I tried to load Communitas but there was no UI to work with, just the map. Keyboard commands work, but no unit information...thanks!

Hey EUI folks -

Guandao reported an error with my Amalek while using EUI. It looks like an image is being referenced that I probably didn't include properly. Here's the screenshot he included in his report to me:

Spoiler :

The error is in the bottom of the event icons.

Any idea what's going on?

I wrote the support of Civilization 5 and asked if they would release a patch to support high-dpi displays. Unfortunately they wrote back that this will likely never happen. So the only option is to wear glasses or to scale the resolution down to something very blurry.. :cry::cry::cry:

By any chance, does the latest version of EUI get rid of the little indicator above city names that show the number of air-based units stationed in the city? Or has it always been like this? Regardless, if possible, anyone mind telling me how to make it show up again and whatnot? Appreciate it!

Does anyone have any experience with using EUI together with Whowards "UI - Promotion Tree" mod? As far as I can tell they're incompatible even though there doesn't seem to be any file overlaps. More specific I can't seem to select which unit I want to display the promotion tree for.

\Skodkim

Apparently the designers of civ 6 looked here for inspiration for the new game. Congrats on making such a good addition to the game!
Thx! The devs can take whatever they want from EUI for civ 6: I am a gamer, not a modder, so I would be very happy not to have to spend time tweaking the Civ 6 UI. The features touted for Civ 6 sound very promising, especially an AI that can actually play the game rather than roll a "flavored" dice!

Cheers

PS: with all of the 4x games that have recently come out (such as Stellaris), I am kinda taking a break from Civ V & EUI

I was wondering if I could get some help. I was getting crashes about once every hour (it might not be EUI, but I wanted to see if it was by playing without it. When I removed the folder from the DLC folder and launched the game everything seemed fine. But when I started a game I still had the EUI despite removing the folder. Is this fixable?

Edit: NVM I fixed it

I was wondering if I could get some help. I was getting crashes about once every hour (it might not be EUI, but I wanted to see if it was by playing without it. When I removed the folder from the DLC folder and launched the game everything seemed fine. But when I started a game I still had the EUI despite removing the folder. Is this fixable?

Edit: NVM I fixed it

Can you share how you fixed it? I have the same issue. Running on Linux, the game crashes a great deal. Reloading the last autosave always see it play OK, so there's no repro case.

All I have noticed is that it tends to happen around turn 47 (it has crashed twice while going into turn 48).

**EDIT** hit me up on reddit on /u/spottybotty if you want quick replies. Happy to share save games with the devs if they want them. I have 5 saves from a game which had 5 crashes on turns 47, 146, 184, 368, and 391 and another save from a game which crashed on 47 (I aborted the game later as I was doing very badly).

So I tried downloading and installing the mod but not only does it seem to completely break the City Screen even when I disable the Unit List it leaves a large, annoying shadow along the left hand side of the screen.

Did I screw up somewhere? This is happening even in unmodded games so I know it's not a mod conflict.

EDIT: Well the City Screen at least seems to fix itself if I stop playing in windowed mode. Which is a little annoying but it's okay. The big shadow on the left of the screen though....

SECOND EDIT: It also seems to have disabled yield displays when mousing over a tile. How do I turn that back on?

THID EDIT: Going back to modded games seems to have broken the City Screen again. The only actual gameplay changing mod I have going is CSD. Are there any known conflicts between EUI and CSD?

FOURTH EDIT: Mod conflict between CSD and EUI confirmed. Disabling CSD has everything running fine. Hmm.

FIFTH EDIT: Clash is between both mods have CityView.lua . You have to delete that from one mod or the other to make things work.

SIXTH EDIT: Also I can't seem to get the "Possible Working Range If You Settled Here" display working. Is there a hot key for turning that on or something?

Civilization V on both Windows and Linux (Steam)
Linux version: 1.0.3.279(130961)
Both BNW and G&K installed (Complete edition missing only Scrambled Continents and Scrambled Nations)

When playing as Venice, Merchant of Venice "city-states" or conquered cities are puppeted permanently. The problem with EUI is that you can't purchase a building currently in the production queue since you can't stop production of the current building in a puppeted city. This is important for at least two reasons:

* If you want to buy something like a research lab, which takes many turns to finish, you have no option to do this and must wait until completion.
* Although Venice has all but one city that is puppeted when international projects are underway, such as the World's Fair or International Games, you can encourage a puppeted city to change to the project by "buying the building out from underneath them". This technique isn't always successful since the puppet can always choose something else that isn't the project but you have a decent chance of this if you understand which buildings the AI tends to prioritize.

The ability to buy out buildings for puppeted cities was available in the unmodded game. I also found that someone else in the thread has brought up this same problem but with less detail. I love EUI, thank you!

Bug report

Version 1.0.3.279(130961)
All expansions and DLC (complete edition)
Playing on Linux on a laptop
No mods enabled: pure BNW + EUI

The game crashes once in a while. But it seems to favour specific turns. It can go on turn 47 and 146 (I have observed these more than once). I have also observed (once, in the same game): 184, 368, 391.

When I say "crash" I mean it exits to the desktop. No callstack, no message.

I have the same version of EUI on my Windows PC and it runs without issue.

Attached are all logs and two savegames. One savegame from the game which crashed for these logs, and another savegame which crashed previously (for which I have no logs).

One has to END TURN before the crash occurs; it happens during the AI turn processing (on MOST occasions), but I have encountered it while scrolling around the map during my own turn as well.

You can contact me via reddit, where I am /u/spottybotty if you need more info quickly (I rarely check this account but will do so in the next few days in case of replies or messages).

Attachments

• civ crash files.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 174
Seriously though, how do I get rid of that shadow along the left edge of the screen? It's incredibly irritating and shows up even with the Unit List disabled. :(

Perhaps someone here can help me. I'm getting a graphical glitch. None of the unit icons appear over units when using this mod. They do appear on strategic view. I will include a screenshot.

Attachments

• civ 5 EUI bug.jpg
    civ 5 EUI bug.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 523
When i start up the game(with mods at seen in the test 1-3 screenshots) and click the city screen, the city screen`s production bar will be a little bit to far left to be on the screen, when scrolling that bar, the back-round will show up on the top, and on the top bar both in and out of the city screen, several icons are slightly off from where they should be. Any way to fix this? LINK: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198090274188/screenshots/

EDIT: After uninstalling EUI and clearing my cache, the choose production button still does not work.

Every time I put my cursor over a building to see its abilities a message will appear instead. Sometimes it'll say:

Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\Core\EUI_tooltips.lua:1251:attem pt to call field 'Building_CorporationResourceQuantity' (a nil value)

and sometimes it'll say:

Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\Core\EUI_tooltips.lua:906:attemp t to call method 'GetBuildingInvestment' (a nil value)

I'm not big on coding so I have no idea where to look to fix this problem and what to do even if I did find the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated?

If I use custom civs (JFD, MC) all city names and health bars are invisible. I've tried deleting the CityBanners subfolder but I can't get it to work to save my life. Even when I tried removing each subfolder one by one it didn't fix the problem, so I guess it's an issue with the Core folder?

This is probably a super common/dumb question but I've searched everywhere and haven't been able to find anything that works. D:

PS: My game is up to date and I'm using the latest stable version of EUI.

Running version 1.0.3.279
All expansions and DLC
Playing on W10 Pro 64bit, Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586

UI isn't loading at all on startup (i.e. all company splashes, intro video, and legal screen appear).

Lua.log shows nothing:
[31751.109] Initializing Lua 5.1.4

(It's just the one line)

Top Bottom