Patch questions

MuteWolf

Chieftain
I bought Civ V when it was first released and not too long afterwards stopped playing. I am now coming back to it after months of ignoring it because I had hoped some patches may have improved it.

My question is this, since I re-downloaded it from steam ( having un-installed it before) are all the patches already included in the download? if not where do I get them? Second, I have been watching people playing Gods and Kings and am noticing a few differences I had thought would be patches, such as hit points being out of 100. Is that really a DLC thing not a patch? Are spies also a patch thing? Less surprised if that is the case, just curious.

Thanks to anyone who helps.

Patches will update automatically so just stay connected to the internet (I'm not sure if it will literally be included in the initial download or will follow immediately after, but there isn't much difference practically speaking).

100 HP, Espionage, and Religion are features from Gods and Kings. A revamped happiness system to reduce ICS, extra small wonders, and the Mongolian civ are things that were included for free with patches. There are also things from separate DLC, such as three extra world wonders and six civs (one is Spain, which you can also get by getting Gods and Kings, but you won't get the Inca).

Thank you for the info. I get why espionage isn't included, it isn't like I was expecting religions to be patched in, but the 100 hp thing seemed more like a balancing attempt which should be a patch not DLC. Meh, the game does seem better with the patches, maybe I will break down and buy the DLC in the future... Thanks again.

Yeah, I wondered if they would include the 100 HP thing. The reason they didn't probably has to do with the fact that all combat values were changed and new units added. It would be unbalanced to make the changes without the new units.

Top Bottom