Germany wants me to denounce the Maya

I would show the screenshot, but for some reason print screen doesn't work on my laptop. Anyway, Germany comes up with a message saying something like, "My friend, would you please denounce the Maya for me?" as well as a bunch of other stuff. Never had this happen before. Didn't know that the AI requests you denounce other civs.

Yeah, it happens very, very rarely. I've only had it happen once ever, and I think your friend denounces you if you refuse to denounce the other civ IIRC. Cathy did it to me so long ago that I forget what happens.

Yes, sometimes they request this. IMO, they do when there are a lot of conflicts and tensions among Civ, for example, you DOF with one of their enemy and/or you Denounce one of their friend.

My question is, when I accept the request = I will immediately denounce said Civ. But when I deny = I immediately get denounced by requesting Civ. Is this normal?

There's even two types of denounce requests, one where a friendly Civ asks you to denounce someone, and one where a superpower tries to threaten you to denounce someone.

Seen both, but they are not very common.

Also I was happy to find out that friendly allies sometime give you stuff for FREE if you ask for it, like I was in a dire need of Iron and my friend Genghis just went "go ahead buddy " when I asked one iron for free.
Didn't know it was possible! People who diss AI friends wanting stuff for free should take note of this. :)

Press F12 to take screenshtos for civ 5 because its on steam, prnt scrn dun work with steam.

This happened to me only once so far, so I don't think I'll ever have the chance to see what would have happened if I refused. :confused:

Firaxis needs to make this happen more often!!!

Spoiler those who have yet to see this :

This happened once to me and I turned it down. I think the response was 'So that is what friendship means to you?' and they denounced me the next turn. I think next time it happens I'll choose which civilization is closest to me on the map to side with to keep them sweet.

I've had this once with the Iroquois which asked me to denounce China. Because I had good relations with them and their army was bigger I respectfully declined the request. Resulted in an immediate denouncement and a few turns later war declarations from three civs that lasted for a couple centuries. It wasn't a matter of unfair peace offers but they all declined to make any kind of peace. Relations with the Iroquois never restored back to normal.

This happened to me only once so far, so I don't think I'll ever have the chance to see what would have happened if I refused. :confused:

Firaxis needs to make this happen more often!!!

Spoiler those who have yet to see this :

I've had a chance to see it both ways, since it's happened to me twice (in the same game). I accepted Sejong's request to denounce someone, but refused William's. William denounced me on the spot.

This is at least the third thread that's noticed this in the past week or so, and I can't recall it having been mentioned before. So I don't know if there's been a recent 'stealth update' that has unlocked this behaviour. Does anyone who's either had this from Washington or Elizabeth, or is familiar with the languages of other civs, know whether there is different dialogue accompanying this request, or is it one of the stock diplo screens with new text?

When Ghandi asked me to denounce China, the text was identical to prince_caspian's example.

I refused, and India denounced me the next turn. Which set off one of those lovely "You've been denounced by a friend we like better than you" denouncement chains.

I remember once when Gandhi wanted me to denounce Japan. I agreed since Japan was basically a universal enemy.

When Ghandi asked me to denounce China, the text was identical to prince_caspian's example.

I refused, and India denounced me the next turn. Which set off one of those lovely "You've been denounced by a friend we like better than you" denouncement chains.

The text is the same - I mean the actual spoken dialogue.

Sorry, linguistically poor, here. I'll only know if Elizabeth or George asks me to denounce someone, then. :)

Top Bottom