strange end of game graphs

clif9710

Warlord
I just finished a game where there were four civs remaining at the moment I took the last capital city. Rome was not one of those that lasted until the end. It had gone down early to me and I took every Roman city and made them my own.

So I was very surprised when looking at the graphs for the game to see that Rome was indicated as staying with me in worked tiles until the end. Since there were no surviving Roman cities to work any tiles at all, (all Roman territory becoming mine), worked tiles should have dropped to zero when Rome's last city was taken.

I'm attaching two graphs that I grabbed to show the problem.

The first graph is for score. As yo can see the scores drop to zero as civs are knocked out. Rome is the yellow line and I am the red line (Siam). There's nothing wrong with this graph.

Now look at the second graph of worked tiles. Rome is yellow, I am red. Where Rome ceased to exist, the yellow line should stop, but instead it rises and is right up with me until the end. Huh?

Oops. Hit return and the message posted before I could post the maps so they follow in the next post...

map one is SCORE
map two is WORKED TILES

Attachments

• score.jpg
    score.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 277
  • workedTiles.jpg
    workedTiles.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 208
Actually it looks like every eliminated civ seems to experience a sudden resurgence in worked tiles just after being wiped out. The green line (Arabia?) disappears shortly after their score hits zero but all the other make it to the end.

I noticed that you, as Ramky, got Ozy-ed. Only if you conquered the winning civ earlier would that not happened. By the way, how did that civ win?

Good observation. When I won, I noticed the strange graphs. I wanted to check out several in-game items so I clicked on "just...one...more...turn" to get back into the game.

Then I thought of grabbing the graphs to put up here...but I was back in the game and when I hit RETIRE, it would not let me do it, probably since I had already won.

To get back to the graphs, I had to load an auto-saved game from just before my win and THEN retire (giving me the Ozzy).

Back to the graphs - this strange effect of civs that died being resurrected on the graphs showed up not just on WORKED TILES but on many of the other graphs as well. Any civ, even if the capitol is taken SHOULD continue on the graphs if they retain that one (or more) city. They could also pop back on the graphs if their capitol is returned to them by someone else, but having no cities means having no stats on the graphs from that point on.

Top Bottom