End of Empires - N3S III

Claiming this spot. My culture will also be within this post soon. It is small but it is the river south of the River Ittocco that empties into the Kern Sea.

NK, I hope you are alright with this area.

I havent decided which Seshweay successor im taking Abby.

But anyways whichever of them I choose will have the Legitimate Senate of the People of Seshweay in it, every other Senate is an imitator or subject of the Mother of Senates :p

The Unitary Prime is also residing in whichever i choose :p

Same with the All Highest Moralist ;)

(I have the stories backing it up to)

@NK I did write one or two stories for last update, i think they were expounding the culture of Seshweay, how much the Seshweay hate the Satarai and religious plurality or an attempt at it.

Farou, Hu'ut, and Trilui are definitely in the Iron Age; the further from there you get, the more likely that bronze predominates. No major source of iron has been found.

Is iron ore then unusually rare in this world? Because the main reason for the changeover in real history was that iron ore was so common that (almost) no one needed to import it.

North King:
1- I don't want to recieve more then one story bonii from the coming turn unless a power equal or larger recieves at least two OR a minor recieves at least four.

New Reforms
After the reign of Hanid was the name of Jania (who renamed himself after the nation to have more popular appeal). Jania was no Craknid, and he knew it. But he made three official reforms which would be of use to Jania.

First, he created court historians who created two histories. The True Histories was avaliable only to the King and those he would trust with his life, and was written as objectively as possible. The False Histories had the usual distortions, plus adding in contrivances and fictions to "prove" that every good ruler of Jania was a Craknid and every bad ruler had Seshweay blood.

Second was the Triumph System. A Triumph would involve celebrations on the streets, everybody getting off work, the best signers, literary men, and so on being given handsome rewards for whoever could best praise the man it was given for, and a grand sacrifice to the ancestors to try and secure their favor for him. It was meant to be a potential reward for a general who won a great military victory. It was not explicitly said who would judge, but it was understood this would be the King's perogative...

Third was the Ironisation of the economy. Jania had ultimately won the race to rule the country he was namesake of by a palace coup with the Iron Guard (the reign of Yosnid, his rival, was very brief), who, as he predicted, defeated twice their number in Bronze age guards. Using this victory as "proof" of iron's "natural superiority", he decided to reform the whole state based around iron.

He hired an expert on iron from Trului to lead the efforts, creating new iron furnances for army reform. He took advantage of Jania's gold supply to import large amounts of iron from Trului, and began experimenting with government farms using iron. Iron tools were given to peasants, and it's use slowly spread.

@ LJ We will agree to your deal if you can show us what you are talking about in terms of borders.

@Neverwonagame

I think he said you had in part adopted Ancestor Worship.

But did the Might is Right doctrine survive?

Wait, what?

Sorry: I just finished knight talk with my friend and I felt too noble. I meant that from there, a single night is enough for a surprise invasion. Grant me a 2 island garrison, small but farmable/portable. That's good.

In Context Out of Character.

Die like a Rat

The sun was setting over the isle of Vinui. Once firmly under the control of the Triluin navy; it is now a pirate outpost that plagues the Lovi Sea. Seized dozens of years ago, Triluin naval forces have yet to take it back. The current priority is protecting trade from the rampant piracy from the northern deserts.

A voice broke the silent dusk.

“For your crimes, you are cast into the sea, never to return.”

There was a vessel, the Triluin banner waving in the wind. A Triluin soldier, shoved a man off the boat. There was a sack around his neck, containing stones. His legs and hands were bound to prevent possible swimming. Before the plunge he was stabbed in the lung to ensure a death. Five, six men took the leap into the sea, an almost weekly occurrence in these new times.

The once peaceful Lovi sea has become a battlefield between the Imperial Triluin navy and the daring pirates of the north. Piracy has become the central issue of the day, even the conflict with the hated Opulensi and Hamakua has taken a back seat. By a decree of the emperor, piracy bears a harsher penalty than in the past, death.

This is a different enemy than the Trilui has faced in the past. Compared to the wars with the Sesh and the Hamakua, the pirates are not organized. Their bands of ships can strike anywhere at anytime. Both sides know that this war is as much a psychological conflict as a physical one. Most recently, a daring raid was undertaken in the proximity of Lokui in the region of Hulinui by the notorious pirate Bin Val Inav. Trilui responded by the returning the favor on known pirate supporters on what is now becoming notoriously known as the Land of the Thieves.

The sunrises the next morning, the hunt continues. Another pirate ship is captured, and the captives are brought to the captain. The captain enjoying his breakfast had caught a rat. He approached the pirates, the rat in hand. He sternly told him, “You live like a rat, you die like a rat.”

Crushing the rat’s chest with his grip and he threw it into the sea.

"Throw them into the sea!" He walked away.

Sorry: I just finished knight talk with my friend and I felt too noble. I meant that from there, a single night is enough for a surprise invasion. Grant me a 2 island garrison, small but farmable/portable. That's good.

I still don't see what this has to do with my diplo?
You agree but want a garrison to remain?

I still don't see what this has to do with my diplo?
You agree but want a garrison to remain?

Is iron ore then unusually rare in this world? Because the main reason for the changeover in real history was that iron ore was so common that (almost) no one needed to import it.

No, it's not. Its very ubiquity is actually why there's no "major" source of iron (because there really isn't any predominating area). Well, that and the fact that iron hasn't been long used, so no one's looked for it; the biggest source discovered is in Farou territory.

But did the Might is Right doctrine survive?

Yep.

No front page tonight. I took a very long (and deserved) nap.

Just to repeat, I don't want more then one story bonus unless a major power gets more then one or a minor gets more then three.

EDIT: Changed my mind about doing a story here.

List of significant places/nations surrounding Ferman.

1. Jerlim City (Capital)
2. Senden City
3. The Falps (Mountains)
4. Keel Flatlands
5. Gerhol (Nation)
6. Kardil (Nation)
7. Gideria (Nation)
8. Crene Sea

@ NK -I'm confused, why does nwag3 and Masada have first pick over NPC's once their nation has collapsed?

My nation also collapsed and I am being offered the rump state that remains.. why arn't they? Jania has always been a NPC.

@ Masada/NWAG3, please can you make a decision if you are going to take Jania or not so I can get on with it or move on.

As North King seems to be moving towards 20 year updates, it seems likely I will take Jania. North King's reasoning seems to be that Arkage culture no longer exists in Trisesh.

I would be willing to start a new culture if we were doing a 500 year turn or something, but that seems unlikely.

Were not together, NWAG3 is taking Jania (from what we've talked about) im undecided about taking the Exiled States or Ti-Sesh.

The Exiled States and Ti-Sesh are both continuers of the Seshweay culture i started, its only right that i get first pick.

EDIT: Rubbish, Arkage and Seshweay culture has probably converaged in 500 years of Empire, we didnt kill each other in a gigantic civil war like I was expecting... you worship my ancestors and it would seem logical to me that in turn ive added Arkage and Craknid ancestors to the Pantheon, i stated that in a story a while back.

Grang is also the game of choice for the Senators of Seshweay, sold to them by that shifty Arkage company General Grang :p

EDIT2: Im happy to adopt the cultural leanings of the Arkage where they are useful, its not like my culture froze for 500 years when i was close proximity to another, sure we might run two different legal systems but use some common sense they would have had to converge in some respect, othewise you couldnt reconcile the two systems.

Top Bottom