Social Policies

STMO

Chieftain
I am having a fun game as America on Deity. In my first games I went to Honor right away, but now I tend to start with the normal Liberty (get the Settler and the Worker) and then switch over to Honor. I have taken over Greece and ready to continue taking over China - but then I got the message that India has finished Patronage!
What is the best plan to deal with that? I wonder about skipping supporting City States and go for Rationalism - but it is new for me not to use the City States actively.

are you playing with only 1 city state or something?

a slight adjustment, like simply befriending allies further away, would be better than drastic change, such as completely abandoning city states all together.

No, I think there are approx. 10-12 CS in my game. I have made it up to be allied with 2 of them. But It is expensive to pay the upkeep now India have finished Patronage.
Therefor I am not sure if I shall continue at that road. One option could be to take the opener of the Patronage to compensate but it is on the other hand very tempting to go direct for the Rationalism - I really need to hang on on the Tech tree to be able to have a modern army. It is not nice to meet artillery with canons;)
I think that use of City States are a very important part of the game also seen from a military strategic point, so I am in doubt what to do. Maybe stick to the 2 CS I am already allied with.

Hi

I realise that there are conflicting policies where if you choose one you can't choose another. Is there anyway that one can undo a policy so that you can rather choose another policy that was in conflict with it?

Get the opener of honor- the culture gained from barb killed will worth it by itself... Then go to liberty!

Top Bottom