Did Firaxis Hint at Post-BNW Content in the Recent Polycast?

monkspider

Warlord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=actIvzQsbHI#t=49m50s

I was listening to the most recent Polycast this morning, and the conversation about post-BNW content caught my attention. They of course said they couldn't talk about it, but the implication was that there was actually something to talk about. They did even say that something might be coming around the time of the fall patch. It would be nice if we got a few more new civs before the book was finally closed on Civ V.

Probably a few demanded civs like Vietnam, Bulgaria, Khmer, Argentina, and Kongo

I expect a few of the scenarios to be re-done, the AI to be fixed and the addition of new civs like Congo and a special pack with Sumeria and Hitties as full civs

Let's be real folks. If this truly was Civilization from day 1 you'd have Maygars, Khmer, Chinese, Sumerian, Akkadian, Scythian, Goth, Gaul, Celt, Anazi, Native American(generic), not ones built on todays actual civilizations. Concentrate on wonders that create useful items, units, buildings that are of use etc.

Let's be real folks. If this truly was Civilization from day 1 you'd have Maygars, Khmer, Chinese, Sumerian, Akkadian, Scythian, Goth, Gaul, Celt, Anazi, Native American(generic), not ones built on todays actual civilizations. Concentrate on wonders that create useful items, units, buildings that are of use etc.

Huh..?

Yeah, you lost me.

At most maybe a dlc I'd imagine. I think the issue is they may have some plans, but they don't want to give hopes in case they can't be released in the end. All we know for certain is that there will be a fall patch. I mean, I'd love to see more, don't get me wrong.

Yeah, you lost me.

I think he means that civ should only have ancient Civs, so no Brazil, US and the like,
a lot of the "civs" he listed are not doable, a generic Native American civ??? come on! (imagine Sitting Bull speaking in Mohawk with a totem pole next to him), plus Scythian, Gaul, Goth languages are dead (Gothic may be doable, Gaulish is only known in loanwords to French, and Scythian may require the descendent Ossetian language),

...sorry I also don't follow :(

Edit: on the topic, when could we roughly expect the fall patch.
Apart from the obvious... being "fall" (or autumn, but rather spring in my corner of the world). I mean that is anywhere from 21 sept. to 21 dec. right? (I know I know we've had these debates a million times).
But I was thinking, does anyone remember how long after G&K a patch was released??

Edit: it seems it was 1 November 2012.
Here's the thread about last year's "fall patch": http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11954666#post11954666

There are some who think that a civilization game going back to 4000 BCE should start from civilizations that are more like uniquely identifiable cultural and language groups, rather than have their unique identities based on modern nation-states (which tend to be the result of many of these ancient cultures blending over many generations and historical events.)

I frankly find the idea really intriguing though it might be tricky to carry off so that a general public would find it entertaining. Half the popularity of modern Civ games comes from a relatively unsophisticated buying public who chiefly expects to identify with "their" nation and its historical opponents.

But if a game could be designed that would, for example, allow for primitive "Gallic" (to pick one out of the blue) tribes to evolve linguistically and culturally into the modern nation of France, that would be really cool. Especially if the outcome was not guaranteed, and too much mixing and intermingling over generations might give the player an entirely different national identity as his people entered the age of nation-states.

Actually, it could be done as a mod, assuming that there were pivotal National Wonders that established one identity or another based on culture and language - here I speak of actual identity rather than just ideology and religious affiliation. This is subtly different from what we have now, but still something I'd like to see pursued.

A lot of the civs you listed didn't exist in 4000 BCE.

I think he means that civ should only have ancient Civs, so no Brazil, US and the like,
a lot of the "civs" he listed are not doable, a generic Native American civ??? come on! (imagine Sitting Bull speaking in Mohawk with a totem pole next to him), plus Scythian, Gaul, Goth languages are dead (Gothic may be doable, Gaulish is only known in loanwords to French, and Scythian may require the descendent Ossetian language),

Considering Ramesses speaks Arabic, i don't think these are particularly problematic. :goodjob:

Top Bottom