The "I Got A New Game!" Thread

I just bought No One Lives Forever GOTY, an excellent stealth game from 2000. I hope to get the sequel as well.

I just received Pokemon:platinum for my birthday! I've been playing the Silver version for I don't know how long! They've changed so much!

You know, I wish my silver version saved, or that I could solder and weld.

Today at a church basement yard sale, I got an old Microprose game (1985) called F-15 Strike Eagle. I like collecting old games, even if I'll probably never play them. Anyways, if I do play, I'll probably just purposely crash the jet as it's fun to purposely screw up games.

I got the Ubisoft 4-game deal on Steam. Includes Beyond Good and Evil, Dark Messiah, Il2 1946 and Far Cry. I used to have Far Cry, but I mainly got the package for BGE and Il2. My joystick needs some love ( although with HAWX its been getting plenty )

Today at a church basement yard sale, I got an old Microprose game (1985) called F-15 Strike Eagle. I like collecting old games, even if I'll probably never play them. Anyways, if I do play, I'll probably just purposely crash the jet as it's fun to purposely screw up games.

I looked in the manual. It says it supports IBM, Apple, Commodore 64, and Atari ST. Hmmm...

It's a 3 1/2 inch floppy, so at least I don't need to get any special drives, :lol:

edit: Googled it, it's this, except my box is slightly different.

I looked in the manual. It says it supports IBM, Apple, Commodore 64, and Atari ST. Hmmm...

It's a 3 1/2 inch floppy, so at least I don't need to get any special drives, :lol:

edit: Googled it, it's this, except my box is slightly different.
That's by Sid Meier, Aimee!

Yeah! Seeing as his is(in my opinion,) the world's best game designer.

Me and mom were looking around and found an old NES with Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt inside. The cartridge is intact (one tiny smudge of dirt on the label), but the NES is all dirty and keeps freezing or showing messed up graphics. :(

At least it was free. :)

Empire Total War....can't play it..won't load...sitting on shelf...dumb dumb dumb

1701 a.d. gold edition....LOVE it.....

Imperialism II, which is awesome except I wish the AI was a LOT slower at grabbing land in the new world (and this is on easiest).

Zeno Clash was finally released yesterday (I had pre-ordered it on steam), AWESOME! game. Strange setting, and even stranger (and somewhat creepy) people, but the game is GORGIOUS and bears little semblence to other source games (except in the menus, and the looping sound problem, but that was fixed by alt-tabbing, bringing up start bar and ctrl alt delete all at once :p took a couple of minutes but didn't have to end process). Shows the Soruce engine is NOT outdated. I had a lot of pictures I thoguht I took, but afterwords I realised that X-Fire doesn't recognise the game yet >_< So no screenies yet but you can find lots of them on google.
Oh, and the gameplay was good too, the ranged weapons were good, and the fighting was great, really felt like you landed those punches and kicks.

Didn't get it yet, but I might be getting the Civ addon Beyond the Sword this week :) It's $20 at Staples. Finally they bring in some PC games.

Didn't get it yet, but I might be getting the Civ addon Beyond the Sword this week :) It's $20 at Staples. Finally they bring in some PC games.

Got it! And a surprise two: For some reason (I guess they had another clearance going on), I only paid $10 for it.

Left 4 Dead. Saw it at Fry's for 20$ today, couldnt help myself.

Left 4 Dead. Saw it at Fry's for 20$ today, couldnt help myself.

Awesome. If I wasn't moving out on Wednesday I'd play a game with you tomorrow! But later this week we must get one going.

Awesome. If I wasn't moving out on Wednesday I'd play a game with you tomorrow! But later this week we must get one going.

Id love to, but Ive got like zero time until the school year ends. I have 3 finals coming up, AP tests for two weeks after that and then multiple projects. Ill sneak in a bit of it when I can, but ive got no guarantees about set times. :(

Top Bottom