Increase population, how?

vvcv

Chieftain
Hi, i am trying to find how increase the population in the cities at the beginning of the game.

Then, somebody could give me a hint or something? The only option that i know is favoring food, but with this method i can't increase the population unless the game is more advanced. If I improve the fields is too slow, so i am searching a efficient method.

Thank you very much, I appreciate your help.

Basically: work high-food output tiles, like corn with a farm, pigs with a pasture... This means obviously building a worker at first and research the correct techs (irrigation, animal husbandry...)

Not sure what your problem is; could you be more specific? Include pictures? Post a save?

The only option that i know is favoring food, but with this method i can't increase the population unless the game is more advanced.

You are probably building a worker/settler then. Workers and settlers are built with food AND hammers, so all food grown during that time is instead used for building said unit.

Welcome to the Forums, vvcv :beer:.

You'll see the orangeish bar below the city name fill up, and you'll notice it'll fill up faster when you work higher-food tiles. Each population point requires 2 food, 1 happiness, and 1 health to support, but each city starts with a 2 food bonus and various bonuses to happiness and health depending upon other factors. You have to gain a certain number of food points above what is required to support your current population in order to grow to the next level. The number required will increase with each population point added.

Also be sure to build granaries relatively early in the game. Except maybe the first time, each time your city grows the food bar will already be half full.

As mechaerik states, cities can't grow while you are building Workers or Settlers.

Welcome to the Forums vvcv. :beer:

Than you very much, I was playing without increase the size of the cities :lol::lol::lol:, and i was thinking why my cities can't grow like the cities of other civs.

Top Bottom