Mein Gott! A WW2 German FPS?

Verdict?

I haven't played it yet today but the beta was a lot of fun (and more or less the final game anyway) and it is very fun and while the Americans have a huge advantage in weapons they don't always win or at least pay a very heavy price (although the Japanese have to work together). The only really weapon I'd say is OP is the flamethrower, its way too easy to use and on some maps and capture points it makes extremely short work of the Japanese defenders in a building IF it makes it in range (its pretty much #1 priority to shoot).

You can still play RS, but only as riflemen, along with regular RO2: HoS if you don't own it yet. I think the 40% discount for those who already own RO2 is over now though.

It's pretty awesome, on a historical fear level, to play Jap and watch a flamethrower in action. Really gets the adrenaline going as you try to pick him off before he can massacre your mates.

But yeah, it's basically an instawin under 20m

I'm loving Rising Storm. :goodjob:

So much fun to be part of a banzai charge group and massacre everyone with my bayonet (except flamethrowers...)

www.steamcommunity.com/games/RO2/announcements/detail/1353639133892980334

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad will be given away on Steam for free for 24 hours.

Rising Storm expansion will have a free weekend, but to get full access to it you still have to buy it. However, you can still play RS without buying it if you have HoS, you are just restricted to the Rifleman class (which is the main class anyway).

Best viet nam game was BF:V from 2004 or whenever. Hasn't been anything good since.

Top Bottom