Football Manager 2013

I haven't got the FM15 beta, I'm going to wait for the 7th November edition. Anyway, here are Ronny's stats:

14 crossing? Honestly...

Apparently Ronaldo's brilliance is breaking the game :p

Broken the 10 season in charge barrier I see!

These were and are(?) the ratings cheekily displayed whenever you wanted to see your total time played.

"Your relationship has now expired."
"Nothing to see here, move along"
'I am now a Football Manager expert'
"You just put the game on holiday to see these messages, didn't you?"
"Remember to call your family for more sick leave"
"Remember to call your work for more sick leave"
“Better order another takeaway pizza”
''Sleep is for sissies''!
"Its not really addictive, I just cant stop playing"
"It's my life and I'll do with it what I want to"
"Congratulations from everyone at SI. We didn't think you'd make it this far."
"I can give up this game whenever I like. I just don't want to yet..."
"it's not really addictive. I just can't stop playing"
“Repetitive Strain Injury”
"Real football managers don't need food"
"No-one can accuse you of lack of commitment"
"Turning you underwear inside out save on washing"
"Lacks match practice"
"I'm starting to get into this"
"Just one more game i promise"
"Time to change underwear"
"Turning you underwear inside out saves washing"
"A week is a long time in football"

The back of my Championship Manager 03/04 guide has a picture of a condom expired in 2002 if i remember correctly :lol:
Anyway, congratulations on conquering Europe.

Btw MV

An offer considerably below the Steam price.

I've only heard good things about the new FM. They have changed a great deal. I have already started a game, it is different :p

Just had the biggest sigh of relief in my game as Sheffield United in FM13 taking them from league one to now being in my first season in the premier league in the 2015/16 season.

I was on a bad losing run and firmly in the relegation zone ahead of the "Steel city derby" against fierce rivals Sheffield Wednesday on the 23rd of december. I smashed them 4-1 with breakout performances by a 16 year old italian striker scoring 2 goals making him the youngest player ever to score in the premier league and a 19 year old fully club grown central defender. This was followed by a boxing day 3-0 away victory over West Brom. It was like a christmas miracle. :xmas:

After this the victories have just kept coming through january, I beat Tottenham three times! Amazing how much a boost in morale can change a team.

Started an Arsenal game on the new Football Manager as per my custom.

Finished the season already.

I don't like altering the squad massively because I like seeing how I can do with the team as it is plus a few additions. I added that famous Colombian CB wonderkid for real cheap, brought in Adem Lijajic as a kind of forward and my biggest spend was on Sami Khedira, RM are looking to sell him in the beginning and you can get him for a bargain

My main tactical bedbug in the beginning was trying to fit in my best players. I always play at least one defensive "shield" in front of my defense too (old fashioned here). With that in mind i began with a 4-4-2 diamond, with the reasoning I can play Ozil in his best position and Wilshere/Ramsay/Khedira behind him. Yet, when I do that I immediately removed the prospect of the Ox/Walcott/Sanchez and others on the wings.

I carried on with that strategy for a while and I had some really bad results, at that point I was like 12th after 10 games and I had two board meetings. An absolute shocker of a start for a seasoned FM pro like me.

So I experiment in the CL (had an extremely easy group: Maribor, Gala and Olympiakos), and went with a 4-2-3-1 and it simply didn't work either. I was conceding regularly and not scoring often enough. I switched to a 4-3-3 and everything clicked (albeit not for Meszut Ozil, he met the bench). I had Sanchez/Ox on the wings, dat guy Welbz/super model bloke upfront. I managed to relentless pick up points in the final 23 games of the league, probably title winning form.

My season was just typical Wenger, they should have just kept him! :lol:

EPL: 4th (secured on final day :lol:),
CL: Knocked out in the round of 16
FA Cup: Win
League Cup: knocked out first round

This is more of a tester game to get used to the new features. It is definitely an improvement on the last couple of FMs. Really enjoying it so far.

I'm having trouble getting into 15. Not because of game changes or anything, but because I can't decide who to play. :p

I want to, as usual, start in the lowest league of somewhere, but I've rather done England to death (and my usual team, Eastleigh, have gone and got themselves promoted so I can't play as them anyway). I suppose I could just randomise it, but I feel I'd like to have at least some kind of reason for playing as whoever I start as...

so my streak of straight competitive games without losing ended last night at exactly 100 with a 3-0 shelacking @ bayern, losing 3-1 on aggregate. i was not expecting that, as my team beat 1st-in-the-premier-league man city 6-1 on aggregate.

i started a new game as a 25 year old, unemployed, sunday league experienced swiss dude.

first job was with havant & waterlooville in conference south. brought them from relegation to respectable 8th place. didn't like the team plus welling in conference premier came calling.

currently trying to fight my way out of mediocrity in conference premier. it's tough.

i started a new new (new?) game, taking over historically successful but presently horrible Red Star FC in the French third league. won back-to-back promotions to get to Ligue 1 and just won my first Ligue 1 title!

remaining goals:
- win champions league (~3 years away?)
- build badass new stadium (in progress)
- have max facilities
- break £1 billion in worth (currently £220 million)

Awesome! I use a modified possession 4-2-3-1, instead of 2 DMs or CMs I use a staggered CM (BBM)/CDM (DLP-D). Doesn't always work out the best though, so I'm curious to see what formation you've got.

Hm. Pretty similar except for the AM roles and a couple other things. Do you run into any problems vs. other formations (especially 4-1DM-2-2-1) or on counterattacks?

Also, what are your CBs rated?

And I hope to got that Kone is a regen and not the one from Everton. :twitch:

Well damn. Wish I had a striker that good, though my current one's a Jap regen with 18 finishing, 2.5/3.5 current/potential (I'll post screenies of my stuff later). Seems like that formation works insanely well tho, I'll try tweaking it a bit and post results :D

Top Bottom