Best Civilization to start with on Civ2 using World Map

griffster

Chieftain
Please can I have your thoughts on which is the best Civilization to start with when playing Civ2 on a World Map? Thanks in advance

Define "Best". What is your strategy (conquest, landing, occ, ...)? How large is the map? (The game comes with 3 world maps and users here have made a dozen more some as big as 30+K tiles). Are you looking for excitement (pick either English or Celts and make sure the other one is also in the game), early finish, high score, ... ?

Please can I have your thoughts on which is the best Civilization to start with when playing Civ2 on a World Map? Thanks in advance

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I played more years Civ II,but I don't think is important the civilization.Just an opinion,playing with spanish,more times in the huts advanced tribe,a new city with some buildings:).Good luck !

Probably Americans, especially if you choose Aztecs as another civ. Aztecs are always well-behaved in the AI, won't attack you, and will develop technologies quickly while not over-expanding their territory. That means you can trade techs with them, keeping you ahead of other civs in the tech race, while not worrying about the Aztecs being your peers. When you have spread across other continents, and are close to world domination, no longer concerned to protect your reputation, you can turn on them (poor suckers) and wipe them out.

Top Bottom