Spqr

intentionaly

Chieftain
Settings: Pangaea (small, rocky, low sea level, solid shore), 18 civilizations, Emperor, Aggr. Barbs & Civs, No T/T, Marathon.

I’m Boudica (aggr., char.) of Rome (now you see what this game will be about)), others: Catherine the Great – Russia, Peter the Great – China, Stalin – America + 14 random civilizations with random leaders.

As usual I masturbated for some 15-20 minutes:
1) I was looking for a place with corn (preferably near a river and 1 more food resource, if lucky), 3-4 gems (not under jungle) & iron (these are must have) and elephants (if lucky).
2) Then I wanted to change my place to the one I liked (on the same spots for me and an AI)
3) After that I wanted to change Roman’s starting techs (Fishing, Mining) to Mysticism, Agriculture, Mining & Roads and change starting Warrior to 2 Scouts & 2 Archers. This would equalize me and AIs.

Game plan was as follows:
1) Polytheism or, if not lucky, Monotheism via Masonry
2) Mysticism (1 Prophet after a temple is built)
3) Iron Working
4) Praetorians (P.s)
And it was the finish of the must-do plan.

If I manage, there could be different further approaches, but the most probable was to:
1) declare a war to the weakest neighbor
2) pillage his Bronze and/or Iron mines
3) train P.s & promote them (many to City Razor III) on his archers
4) research Construction
5) train Catapults
Start a big, considered & prepared war.

Notes:
1) if I don't manage to found a religion and if there isn’t a Holy City nearby, then the game will be lost – only 1 gold per city with the religion I control and rather friendly neighbors can finance & conduct my wars
2) I wasn’t afraid of the barbarians (I was supposed to be in the center, and they just won’t reach me) & early wars (Holy City, fast technological advance due to gems, while other Civs will rush for expansion)

But everything went the other way. Of course when the game has begun, neither World Builder (the last time WB was opened was in 3960BC), nor reloads were allowed.

On the enclosed screenshots you can see: (1) my initial starting location, (2) my changed starting location, (3) territory to the N., (4) misbalance to the NW.
(1): at my present skill I just can’t manage to play for pleasure at this place
(2): a good site, isn’t it?) But! No luxury resources & no Mysticism to build Obelisk
(3): an ideal war path) only one problem: Ethiopeans are not only aggr., but their leader Qin Shi Huang is prot. and their capital is on a hill.
(4): all the problems from here
(5): global SW
(6): global NE

Moreover I’ve decided not to cheat at all: so my starting techs are Fishing & Mining – I need both of them, but I lack Agriculture (Corn), Animal Husbandry (Horses) and Roads. But only the last tech is compulsory. Also I can’t let my Warrior explore territory – who'll calm down my city?!
So now the plan is:
1) research
1.1) Bronze Working – to increase production
1.2) Road – to occupy the worker & prepare for Iron
1.3) Iron Working – P.s
1.4) Mysticism – Obelisk
1.5) Animal Husbandry – Horses
1.6) Agriculture – Corn
2) production
2.1) Work Boat – Clam
2.2) Worker – Mines then Roads
2.3) Barracks