Last nights Barbarian raids - GRRRRR

blackrabbit

Warlord
I like playing with barbarians on but not raging barbarians, it makes it a little more realistic I think. Well I'm working on a nice area getting setup and doing well, then I get the task to build 12 Chariots so I start it and after getting 9 build the hordes start coming in. I sent them out to quell the barbarian threats. They would kill about 1/3 of my chariots and sydden;y the invasions stopped. Yet the instant I got back up to 9 chariots build they came in again. This went on for like a friggin hour and was driving me frigging nuts. Each chariot took about 5 turns to make so after 60 turns in an ideal world it would take 60 turns to build all 12. Well it took me alsmo 3 times as long to make them becuase I'd get up to 9 chariots and would lose 1 5 chariots fending off the barbarians. It made me so mad lol. I just wanted to share it.

I eventually got the invasions to stop but man it was making me mad that they would invade with 4 or 5 units at a time the turn I builr number 9 lol

Lol. Sound's like Civ IV's barbarians are crazy. Nobody has anything nice to say about the uncivilized folk that inhabit our lands. Maybe they want revenge for your evil barbarian hating. Try a lower level of activity.

Sounds like the game engine was finding yet more ways to amuse itself, what level was this? I've never seen anything like this happen encept for that one time when ten barbarian axeman showed up when I only had one archer defending the city. Fortunately I had the great wall:) and this stopped them:wallbash:. What happened to you is not the worst thing that can happen. In one game I was playing the Persian Empire was destroyed by barbarians!!! Pity I liked the Persians:(, fortunately this met more room for my empire:)

Top Bottom