Active City Defense

MOD BROWSER GOES BLANK PROBLEM

I'd really like to install this mod, but it seems you can't do it from this page as there's no file attached, and my mod browser doesn't work at all...

still no attached file in the OP! Please!
Mod browser is not working, after some few seconds it goes all blank...

:) THE SOLUTION I found on the 2K Forum:

if you are using a router, and the router has its own firewall on, it causes problems.
At your own risk of course :badcomp: turn off your router's firewall, BUT not the windows one!

Well, I hope it helps some of you,
Greetings
Viator

I'd love to try this mod, but no dowloading link ;(
Can you add one? As I am using wine to play Civ5 in linux but wine does not support Microsoft BITS wich is required to download stuff in-game.

Afforess I got a couple of question to the master, for modding possibilitys in Civ5:
It is possible to create new units that we now.
I am wondering if it would be possible to creat ARMYS.
If you got a general, or build let say a warlord (need to be add to Civ5 first).
you stack that general with a military Unit and creat an ARMY, then you can add up to let say 5 Units of the same or different type.
That new Unit (the ARMY) get multiple attack move, and skills.

Is it possible to do so with the Modding possibility now or is the source code needed ?
And will it be possible for the AI to anderstand how to use it ?

Cheers

Hah, I was curious why you would add a feature that already has in Civ5 before I read this thread. But I was wrong, it's a defense improvement mod not as same as the one in AND for Civ4.

Good job! I want to see the city sheild in the future. :p

One idea I haven't seen in this thread: All buildings get +1 defense. All wonders get +3 defense. Walls might need to be a tad cheaper, but at 0 maintenance and as a pre-req for useful buildings they're still not bad for any city that might get attacked.

It makes sense that highly developed cities would have defense. Plus, city defenses are ridiculously low in general still.

I'm not a modder myself so I don't how hard it would be, but here goes.

I think cites are to easy to take even at king level, I have some ideas of how to improve the goal of this excellent mod.

1) barracks improvement, gives you the possibility to hold and extra unit in your city. this would make cities easier to defend (or it could add more to city defence represent

2) wall and castle improvement could add like cover I & IIpromotion (+25 defence to range attack.)

3) castle add an extra "free" range attack

please comment ;)

Would it be possible to make cities impossible to conquer without catapults if they have city walls, insted you just raids them and gets a bit gold, but while the walls are up you just cant take over it.

But i guess changes like this requires the C++ SDK,, myabe not even possible to impment with it..

Would it be possible to make cities impossible to conquer without catapults if they have city walls, insted you just raids them and gets a bit gold, but while the walls are up you just cant take over it.

But i guess changes like this requires the C++ SDK,, myabe not even possible to impment with it..

I have seen in other mods where the catapults bonus versus cities is tweaked. So in theory you could make city defense extremely high (so most attacks are pointless) and then give siege a bigger bonus vs cities.

Well, seems everyone's tossing their city defense ideas in here so I'll add mine. ;)

When a player ends turn, cities with an attack remaining damage the lowest-health target in range.

This would provide a nice mix of control and automation, reducing tedious micromanagement. Players could manually control their city attacks if it's really critical, but otherwise you could just let the governor do what they think is best. Sort of like the manual/automatic choice of units with :c5moves: remaining.

I doubt there's a function exposed to Lua that checks if a city has attacked yet in the current turn, but I figured I may as well suggest it. Who knows! Regardless, it's something that shouldn't be too hard later on once the full pack is released. It only took them a few months to release it for IV, so hopefully it'll be out by December for V.

tbh I feel Walls could also provide a +50% defense against mounted units. It's realistic and would provide a balanced counter against Horsemen rushes (Horsemen and other mounted units are still extremely useful in the field because they can retreat after attack).

Sadly the AI probably wouldn't build them anyway though hehe

MOD BROWSER GOES BLANK PROBLEM

:) THE SOLUTION I found on the 2K Forum:

if you are using a router, and the router has its own firewall on, it causes problems.
At your own risk of course :badcomp: turn off your router's firewall, BUT not the windows one!

Well, I hope it helps some of you,
Greetings
Viator

SOrry, but that is not a 'solution'. I'm unable to turn off my routers firewall.... because i dont hav ethe access PW >:C.

pllleeeeassse for the love of sid, repost a file here plz??

tbh I feel Walls could also provide a +50% defense against mounted units. It's realistic and would provide a balanced counter against Horsemen rushes..

+1
I just came on to this thread to make the exact same suggestion!

I also would like to see the file posted here, as a Wine user i cant use the ingame modbrowser because no support in wine for the download tool this game uses.

Well, seems everyone's tossing their city defense ideas in here so I'll add mine. ;)

When a player ends turn, cities with an attack remaining damage the lowest-health target in range.

This would provide a nice mix of control and automation, reducing tedious micromanagement. Players could manually control their city attacks if it's really critical, but otherwise you could just let the governor do what they think is best. Sort of like the manual/automatic choice of units with :c5moves: remaining.

I doubt there's a function exposed to Lua that checks if a city has attacked yet in the current turn, but I figured I may as well suggest it. Who knows! Regardless, it's something that shouldn't be too hard later on once the full pack is released. It only took them a few months to release it for IV, so hopefully it'll be out by December for V.

As a followup to this, while searching for something else I actually came across the CanRangeStrike, CanRangeStrikeNow, and CanRangeStrikeAt functions for cities. Could be used to semi-automate city defense, if you want to pursue this. If you're too busy though I could probably work something out eventually, just wanted to point it out.

As a followup to this, while searching for something else I actually came across the CanRangeStrike, CanRangeStrikeNow, and CanRangeStrikeAt functions for cities. Could be used to semi-automate city defense, if you want to pursue this. If you're too busy though I could probably work something out eventually, just wanted to point it out.

Saw those about 3 weeks ago. They are all boolean functions that just indicate if a city can range strike something, which is pretty useless.

Top Bottom